New and improved features of Kasten K10 V4.5 include:
• Out of the box integration with tools to deploy, manage, monitor and troubleshoot Kubernetes environments, speeding implementation while giving users the ability to choose from the best tools in the Kubernetes ecosystem.
• Added coverage for Kafka, Apache Cassandra, K8ssandra, and Amazon RDS.
• Support for the K3s and EKS Anywhere Kubernetes distributions.
• Expanded ecosystem support, providing more features and capabilities to a wider number of users, and making it easier to acquire Kasten K10 supported products from a wider range of partner organisations and their marketplaces.
• Support for shared Veeam Backup & Replication storage repositories for Kubernetes clusters running on VMware vSphere. This also brings new backup target support for Cisco S3260 and HPE Apollo servers, ReFS- and XFS- formatted block storage, deduplication appliances, and SMB storage.
"Current Kubernetes data management tools often require extensive expertise and set up time when first deployed, and lack process automation for managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting within an environment," said Kasten by Veeam CTO Vaibhav Kamra.
"Offering improved capabilities for a smoother out of the box experience and providing additional ecosystem integration helps meet those needs as container adoption increases."
Veeam CTO Danny Allan said "With Veeam Backup & Replication data path integration added to Kasten K10 V4.5, Veeam customers have a pathway to extend their investments into their Kubernetes environments.
"Users will have better visibility and easier access to a common repository that includes containerised Kubernetes apps, access to Veeam's portable backup file format for volume content that increases mobility, and more capabilities for enriching their Kubernetes deployments."
A free trial of K10 is available.