Cassandra is a freely available open-source NoSQL database used to deliver vast mission-critical applications used by 40% of the Fortune 500 and other companies worldwide. It's used in the types of scenarios where downtime or misconfiguration means businesses cannot trade or may risk leaking personally identifiable information. This is where Instaclustr comes in, doing for Cassandra what Red Hat does for Linux.
Instaclustr delivers reliable, massively scalable managed Cassandra platforms for customers including Microsoft, Atlassian, Accenture, and Honeywell, leveraging its own open-source data layer technologies that give customers an advantageous, flexible, and budget-friendly offering that also allows its customers peace of mind, confidence, and trust in the safety of its data.
This service offering now includes Apache Cassandra 4.0, alongside its continuing support for other open-source data technologies such as Apache Kafka, the open distro for Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Redis, and more.
Instaclustr Managed Cassandra 4.0 is available for organisations using Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. Pricing for Managed Cassandra will not change with the addition of the new Cassandra release.
Cassandra 4.0 significantly enhances the NoSQL database’s performance with a new networking stack and zero-copy streaming.
Further, Instaclustr has developed an extensive array of performance and functional tests to ensure the highest levels of stability:
- Enterprise Security: Instaclustr Managed Cassandra is SOC 2 and PCI-DSS compliant.
- Monitoring and Alerting: Instaclustr’s extensive monitoring framework on its managed platform means customers do not need to build their own. Cassandra 4.0 also makes additional database metrics
- available through the shell via virtual tables.
- Cloud Flexibility: Customers can use their choice of cloud provider, with options to run in their own provider account, or through Instaclustr.
- SLAs: Instaclustr offers SLAs up to 100%.
- 24x7 Expert Support: Instaclustr customers have 24x7 access to Cassandra technical support, who bring extensive expertise managing large-scale distributed systems. This level of support is available to both managed platform users as well as support customers.
“Cassandra 4.0 is the most tested, mature, and feature-rich release of Cassandra we’ve seen – we’ve already upgraded our own infrastructure to use it,” said Ben Slater, chief product officer, Instaclustr. “The Cassandra community put an immense amount of effort into 4.0, and it shows. We’re excited to provide Cassandra 4.0 in its 100% open-source version to our user base and deliver these gains in performance, scalability, and security with no changes to our Managed Cassandra pricing.”
“Cassandra is the first technology Instaclustr offered as a managed service, and we continue to see just how instrumental it is to our customers’ digital transformation and cloud modernisation initiatives,” said Ben Bromhead, chief technology officer, Instaclustr. “With 4.0, we are able to bring the most performant version to our existing customers, and do so offering Cassandra’s fully open-source version for maximum cost efficiency and data portability.”
Instaclustr offers a free trial of Cassandra 4.0 from the Instaclustr Console or through the sales team. Existing customers can reach out to Instaclustr Customer Success.
See what's new in Cassandra 4.0 here: