With a target capacity of 80mw, S3 will support Nextdc’s growing community of more than 1,600 customers and more than 770 partners to further accelerate their digital journey through an interconnected infrastructure ecosystem.
The data centre is located approximately 9km from Sydney’s central business district.
“S3 Sydney will enable our customers to accelerate their digital transformation and help to future proof their investment in digital infrastructure services,” Nextdc CEO and managing director Craig Scroggie.
In addition, S3 Sydney will provide scale to meet future growth requirements for Nextdc’s thriving ecosystem. It will interconnect securely to Nextdc’s S1 and S2 facilities in Macquarie Park, as well as the company’s broader national digital infrastructure.
“The past few years have shown there is a heightened need for flexible, scalable and integrated technology platforms to support the accelerated digital economy and our new ways of working. The key to digital transformation success is secure, ultra-low latency cloud connectivity backed by resilient and sustainable infrastructure that allows organisations to optimise their digital footprint,” added Scroggie.
Key technical specifications of S3 include:
1. Uptime Institute Tier IV certified for Design Documents and Constructed Facility
2. 20,000sqm of IT space
3. 1,500sqm mission critical operation space
4. Four interconnected rooms
5. 80MW of critical IT power
6. Backed by Nextdc’s 100% uptime guarantee
7. Private, secure, low latency connectivity to Microsoft, AWS, Google, Oracle and other leading public cloud platforms
8. Sustainability and environmental leadership with a target PUE (Power Usage Efficiency) of 1.2
This first appeared in the subscription newsletter CommsWire on 21 September 2022.