Consumers can control their mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Plugs from anywhere by saying “OK Google” and asking the Google Assistant to turn the plugs on and off.
Using Google Assistant, consumers no longer need to stress about forgetting to turn off the clothing iron or the lights after they’ve left home because they can use voice control to shut off the smart plugs wherever they are.
Graeme Reardon, D-Link managing director Australia and New Zealand, said, “Home automation is one of the many next big things and D-Link is pleased to announce the first of many integrations. Our Omna 180 camera already supports Apple Home kit and we have products supporting Amazon Echo and Alexa.
To configure the devices, owners of mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Plugs need to go into the settings menu of their Google Home or Google Assistant app, select Home control and connect to their smart plugs.
D-Link Smart Plugs are the first of many mydlink products to work with the Google Assistant.
The $49.95 DSP-W215 features
- Power Scheduling – Easily create on/off schedules for your devices.
- Local and Remote Control – Use the free mydlink Home app to instantly turn devices on/off from your smartphone or tablet – and now Google Assistant.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity – Requires no additional hub or device, works with any Wi-Fi network.
- Simple setup – Easily connect to existing Wi-Fi with WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup button).
- Thermal Protection – A built-in thermal sensor will automatically turn off overheating appliances.
- Energy Usage Statistics – Monitor power consumption of connected devices.