Samsung Electronics Australia released the UBD K8500, (US Site) 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player last week making it Australia’s first available Ultra HD Blu-ray player.
The A$599 player delivers the ultimate cinematic experience to Australian homes – letting users enjoy incredible picture quality from a 4k Blu-ray disc on their UHD TVs and in real HDR for HDR compatible SUHD TVs. It is good looking too with a slim, contoured, charcoal coloured form-factor – a premium design to suit any home and to complement Samsung’s latest TV range.
“Samsung is delighted to be the very first to bring to the Australian market, an entirely new home theatre platform that will set the benchmark for home entertainment in this country,” said Carl Rose, Vice President, Consumer Electronics, Samsung. “With stunning UHD 4K resolution, Samsung’s Ultra HD Blu-ray Player offers up to four times the resolution of conventional Blu-ray players.
Key features include:
- Cinema Quality at Home: With HDR (High Dynamic Range) technology, it delivers dynamic Ultra High Definition content in exceptional quality on Samsung's HDR-capable SUHD TVs. Experience sharp contrasts and brightness with deeper blacks and brighter whites. HDR content will be available in Australia from May 2016.
- Enjoy More Vivid and Breathtaking Colour: It offers twice the colour range and up to 64 times the colour expressions of Samsung's existing conventional Blu-ray players on Samsung's HDR-capable SUHD TVs.
- Bring TV to Life with UHD Upscaling: It upscales content into higher definition video for display on UHD TVs, giving crystal-clear images and great resolution. Enjoy movies in an immersive and quality viewing experience.
- Outstanding 4K Streaming Service: Access content from online providers such as Netflix as well as your favourite offline shows, by connecting it the internet.
- The Ultimate Universal Disc Player: The Ultra HD Blu-ray player is fully compatible with CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs.
It has been certified as ‘Ultra HD Premium’ by the UHD Alliance (UHDA). Now a part of Samsung’s total UHD ecosystem, the UBD-K8500 joins the 2016 certified 'Ultra HD Premium' SUHD TV line-up.