The DAP-1900 is also equipped with D-Link Wi-Fi Mesh - an easy to use, self-adapting Wi-Fi technology allowing DAP-1900 Desktop Range Extenders to work together to form a self-organising and self-optimising network which seamlessly responds to network conditions to maximise performance.
D-Link ANZ MD Graeme Reardon said, "More connected devices means a greater need for a strong reliable connection covering the entire home. [This new device] helps guarantee this, allowing users to place devices anywhere in their home without having to worry about slow or intermittent Wi-Fi connections."
This device is equally suited as a 'media station' as it provides 4 gigabit cable ports suitable for the lounge room devices that can only operate via a cabled connection.
The AC1900 Extender features a simple one-button installation - users need only press the WPS button on their Router and then on the Extender to sync and instantly increase the coverage of a wireless home network. Users whose Routers do not have a WPS button can use a web browser or D-Link's free mobile app for simple setup.
DAP-1900 key features
- 802.11ac (Wi-Fi 5) wireless specification delivers blazing fast wireless connectivity with increased range and reliability
- Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports gives you high-speed wired connectivity
- Mix and match compatible D-Link Wi-Fi 5 devices to expand your network to cover any scenario
- Effortless setup as settings can be shared between compatible devices
- Latest Wi-Fi security with 128-bit encryption to keep your wireless connection secure
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) for quick setup with the simple press of a button
We intend reviewing this device when one becomes available.