Zoom Phone Appliances combine Zoom technology with hardware from Poly and Yealink to provide video and audio capabilities and touch display, in an all-in-one desk phone solution for HD video meetings, phone calls, and interactive whiteboarding.
Frost & Sullivan VP of connected work research Elka Popova said, “Zoom continues to demonstrate fast pace of innovation and ability to scale globally with its robust cloud phone offering, Zoom Phone. Zoom Phone has always been a disruptive alternative to legacy phone solutions and the new appliance program further enhances its value proposition by enabling businesses to video-enable workspaces with purpose-built appliances that are easy to procure, deploy, and manage.”
Zoom head of zoom phone and zoom rooms Graeme Geddes said, “The traditional workplace is evolving and adapting, and our goal is to empower the workforce to accomplish more by blurring the lines between voice and video. The new Zoom Phone Appliance program boasts a selection of purpose-built Zoom Phone hardware from Poly and Yealink, streamlining communications, removing friction, and enabling a powerful communications experience.”
Zoom Phone Appliances simplify licensing, installation, use, and management, benefitting both the end users and IT departments. Additional highlights of Zoom Phone Appliances include:
- A full-featured desk phone with powerful Zoom capabilities. Zoom Phone Appliances are always on, and always ready for instant communication and collaboration. Easily start ad-hoc or scheduled meetings, make and receive phone calls, check voicemail, and virtually collaborate with content sharing and annotation
- Centralised management through Zoom Admin Portal: Simplified, scalable, centralised management with remote provisioning and updates
- No additional licensing required: Login to a Zoom Phone Appliance with your Zoom account and create an instant office experience
- Personalised for the user: Syncs with the user calendar, status, meeting settings, and phone for an integrated video-first unified communications experience
- Simplified onboarding with Zero-touch provisioning: Minimises need for IT support with a simplified set-up and user experience
- Touch display with interactive whiteboarding: Collaborate with colleagues with interactive whiteboarding that can easily be exported and shared
- Zoom Certified: Zoom Phone Appliances are introducing a new certified hardware category, ensuring these devices are purpose-built for an optimal Zoom Phone and meetings experience. More devices will be added to this category over time
The inaugural class of Zoom Phone Appliances features innovative solutions from two Zoom hardware partners — Poly and Yealink — with others to follow.
Poly vice president and general manager voice collaboration John Lamarque said, “We are excited to be among the first to integrate a native Zoom experience into our Poly CCX family, as Zoom Phone Appliances. This brings the Zoom platform that we all know and love front and center on the device’s touch display, providing a powerful and immersive experience.”
Yealink vice president of product Alvin Liao said, “We are delighted to unveil the new, reliable, and cutting-edge VP59 video phone, a Zoom Phone Appliance. The VP59 video phone’s touch display will be powered by Zoom’s industry-leading video communications platform, providing customers with a user-friendly interface and intuitive experience.”
Zoom Phone Appliances are available through the Zoom Hardware-as-a-Service program as well as from authorised Poly and Yealink resellers. To learn more about Zoom Phone Appliances, visit the Zoom Phone Appliances website and read their blog.