We're reminded that Telstra Plus is "always looking for more ways to give value to Telstra customers", and naturally, the company says it "is excited today to announce our first ever partnerships, giving members more ways to earn Telstra Plus points and benefit from the program."
We are told that, from today, Tuesday February 25, 2021, "members can earn Telstra Plus points with Booking.com and Huddle Insurance."
Telstra says "these partnerships are an exciting milestone" for the company, and that it has "more than 2.5 million customers signed up to the Telstra Plus rewards program."
It is part of Telstra's T22 strategy, and "it’s all about customers enjoying more benefits just by being a Telstra customer – either by booking and completing your next eligible stay or ensuring you’re looking after the things most important to you."
Fast Facts on Booking.com
- Telstra says: "thanks to our partnership with Booking.com members can earn Telstra Plus points on every eligible stay completed."
- Every dollar spent on those complete stays at Booking.com could earn 10 Telstra Plus points (excluding some fees, taxes and credit card surcharges) - so a $1000 stay over a
- few nights could net you 10,000 points.
- These points can be used towards redeeming a free Google Nest Mini from the Telstra Plus Rewards Store
Fast Facts on Huddle Insurance
- Here, Telstra says: "thanks to our partnership with Huddle, members can earn up to 90,000 Telstra Plus points when switching both comprehensive car and home insurance to a new policy with Huddle."
- Points are awarded 30 days after the second policy start date, provided both policies are active.
- Huddle uses the latest technology, such as Zap Claims, to bring you easy, convenient, flexible and time-saving insurance, backed by one of Australia’s largest general insurers.
- To launch the partnership, members can earn 500 bonus points for simply asking Huddle for a comparison against your current insurer (first quote only). Offer ends 30 April 2021.
- These points can be used towards redeeming a new set of speakers, headphones or a new Nokia 2.3 smartphone from the Telstra Plus Rewards Store
Telstra has published full details of these two new partnerships at its latest Telstra Exchange blog post that you can read here, with the company noting "these two new partnerships are just the beginning, and we can’t wait to add more partners and ways for you to earn more Telstra Plus points in the future."
So, if you're a Telstra customer but aren't already a Telstra Plus member, what are you waiting for! It's free to join and Telstra has more information here.