Communications Alliance says the short-listed nominees in all award categories are a showcase of talent from across the sector and “illustrative of the industry’s innovation to harness the benefits of next-generation networks, connectivity solutions, transformed customer service approaches and available?anywhere, advanced services and applications”.
Communications Alliance CEO, John Stanton said: “The 2021 ACOMMs finalists powerfully reflect the prominent areas of innovation and technological advancement driving the sector, including:
- the welcome and accelerating drive for greater diversity and inclusion within the workforces and working environments of players in the sector;
- the race for higher speed, higher throughput data services over the airwaves, in the home and office and under the seas; - the burgeoning growth of the Australian space industry; and
- the agile and effective responses by the communications sector to customers facing adversity through the tragic consequences of natural disasters and the COVID-19 pandemic.
“The Diversity and Inclusion category nominations continue to showcase companies that have embraced and ingrained throughout their organisations the need to celebrate an inclusive culture that ultimately benefits staff and the organisation alike.
“There are great stories behind the commitment to excellence on display from all finalists. I congratulate and wish them well in the 2021 ACOMM Awards,” Stanton said.
The 2021 ACOMM winners will be honoured at a gala dinner on the 18 August at the Four Seasons Hotel in Sydney, which will be attended by the Federal Minister for Communications, Urban Infrastructure, Cities and the Arts, Paul Fletcher and the Shadow Minister for Communications, Michelle Rowland.
The MNF Group is the 2021 title sponsor of the ACOMMS, with Mirait gold sponsors, Facebook silver sponsors and Bird & Bird and Ericsson bronze sponsors.
The 2021 ACOMM Awards finalists are:
• Announced on the night
• Aussie Broadband Carbon business platform
• Optus Donate Your DataTM
• Optus "Optus 5G network launch at Optus Stadium, Perth. A demonstration of the 5G network capabilities through innovative, immersive experience."
• NNNCo Empower industrial customers to easily deploy plug-and-play, portable gateways around the world and instantly connect to the Internet of Things with NNNCo N-Station.
• Rising Connection Multicarrier and platform agnostic network connectivity services
• Soprano Design Whole-of-Government Communications Solution
• Think Pickle Pickle Portal
Australian Space Industry Awards
• Optus OPTUS 11, new cutting-edge satellite technology
• Vocus Business Internet-Satellite
Commitment to Customer Service
• Aussie Broadband The Unconventional Telco
• Optus Community of Experts
• Telstra EME Education Campaign – Telstra’s Chief 5G Investigator
• TPG Telecom COVID rapid response measures to keep customers connected through provision of additional data, reduced costs, removal of all late payment fees, and temporary halt of external debt recovery actions and suspension of services.
Diversity and Inclusion
• Aussie Broadband “Inclusion first” program
• MNF Group Women@MNF
• NBN Co nbn Equals
• TPG Telecom Dream Connection Program – Goanna Education
Services to Industry - Professional Services
• au.Domain Administration Implementing new rules to keep the .au domain trusted and secure.
• Bird & Bird Ground-breaking legal services
• Clayton Utz Legal Services
• Telstra Telstra Business Go Digital
Best Mobile Solution
• Goodtel Mobile plans that give back
• Optus Optus ultra-high speed 5G network
• Optus Optus Pause
• Soprano Design Soprano Connect
• Aussie Broadband Community Impact Program
• Goodtel Supporting our charity partners and community
• Optus Donate Your DataTM
• Telstra Supporting the nation through fires and pandemic
• Ribbon Communications Ribbon Connect for Microsoft Teams Direct Routing
• Soprano Design Whole-of-Government communications solution
• Ericsson Australia Ericsson's 5G Leadership & Innovation in Australia Sustainability
• Goodtel The nbn and mobile plans that are good for you and the planet.
• TPG Telecom felix mobile: one tree planted
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
• CANOPUS Networks Telescope
• NBN Co nbn’s Intelligent FAQs
• Nokia Nokia Scene Analytics