Dubbed the "Arlo Go LTE Camera", it connects to Telstra's mobile network "with the ability to operate wire-free and without Wi-Fi connectivity".
Telstra is also offering the Arlo Go LTE Camera "with a bonus Arlo Solar Panel to help keep the device’s battery charged for even longer periods".
As both Netgear and Telstra proudly boast, the Arlo Go LTE Camera "is one of the world’s first mobile monitoring cameras that can operate wire-free that works on the Telstra Mobile Network in Australia".
We're told that, "by combining the power, simplicity and flexibility of the award-winning Arlo HD Camera product line with Telstra’s Mobile Network, Arlo Go LTE Camera is a breakthrough in modern product design, enabling fast and easy monitoring when connected".
Naturally, a mobile broadband connection (which is provided by the 4G LTE SIM capability), a compatible iOS or Android smartphone and NETGEAR app/interface access required, with data charges apply, with Telstra offering a range of plans with a range of data inclusions.
Netgear reminds us that its Arlo HD Smart Cameras "are easily set up in minutes", and Arlo Go LTE Camera is no different.
"Without the dependency on an existing Wi-Fi connection, Arlo Go LTE Camera can be deployed and re-deployed quickly where you have Telstra Mobile Network coverage."
Plenty more below the following image, please read on:
"As with all Arlo cameras, Arlo Go LTE Camera includes a rolling seven days of cloud storage from Netgear so you can record and review videos from the Arlo App".
"With Arlo Go LTE Camera’s advanced PIR motion sensor, you are alerted with near real-time notifications whenever an object enters the camera’s field of view. Through Arlo’s mobile and browser apps, you get a live, on demand view of the location as well as the ability to easily play previously recorded videos."
Netgear also states that "two-way audio allows the ability to hear and speak through the camera and Arlo’s advanced RGB-IR Night vision technology provides a clear picture of the scene, even in low light".
"Arlo Go LTE Camera also comes equipped with a micro SD memory card (cards sold separately) slot for easy local backup of video in the event of a network interruption."
Pat Collins, senior vice-president of Arlo products at Netgear, said: “Arlo Go LTE Camera is the latest example of how we develop products with a clear focus on our customers’ needs.
“With the option to operate wire-free and now with the ability to easily connect where there is mobile network coverage, Arlo Go LTE Camera provides businesses, and consumers with an ability to monitor their properties and assets.
"And the alliance with Telstra means customers will be able to experience the Arlo Go LTE Camera on Australia’s largest and most reliable mobile network for the first time.
"We’re also very excited to be launching our smart analytics platform which will provide customers with near real-time intelligence about what’s happening when an event is detected on any of our Arlo Cameras.”
Jeremy Howe, Telstra’s director, Product Innovation, said: “Our customers have told us they are looking for a high-quality and flexible solution to monitor the things that matter to them including their homes, office, assets and pets.
"We’re pleased to be able to offer them this world-leading solution powered by the reach and speed of our mobile network.”
So, what is the pricing and availability?
"The Arlo Go LTE Camera (LTE-VML4030) by NETGEAR is now available through Telstra Consumer & Small Business channels as a mobile monitoring solution on a range of data plans.
"Customers can purchase a Netgear Arlo Go LTE Camera for $30/mth when signing up to a $15/mth Go Mobile Data Plus plan or My Business Mobile Data Plan, for 24 months, with $15/mth device repayments (min Cost $720. Per MB 1.46c). They will also receive a bonus Arlo Solar Panel valued at $149 RRP. More plans and pricing information is here.
Netgear and Telstra then ask "where can you go with Arlo Go?"
"Virtually anywhere there is mobile coverage on the Telstra Mobile Network. Combined with Telstra’s Mobile Network that reaches 99.4% of the Australian population, the mobile HD camera can operate wire-free to monitor many places. Arlo Go LTE Camera is ideal for outdoor spaces without Wi-Fi access.
"By enabling you to monitor your assets, Arlo Go LTE Camera gives you peace of mind when travelling – at hotels, cabins, or even outdoors. Here are but a few examples where Arlo Go LTE Camera can go with mobile coverage on the Telstra Mobile Network:"
- Workplace, construction site and warehouse monitoring – Keep an eye on your building materials or monitor parking lots and the back edges of your property outside Wi-Fi range.
- Docked boats at harbours and marinas – Get near real time email alerts or notifications when motion is detected in the monitored areas in and around your docked boat.
- Hotels, holiday homes, rental units, caravans – Keep tabs on what matters to you when you’re not around, even when you’re on the go.
Key features of Arlo Go LTE camera:
- Mobile monitoring: Arlo Go supports 3G, and 4G technology where there is mobile coverage on the Telstra Mobile Network
- Wire-free operation: Patented wire-free operation design lets you discreetly place cameras in a variety of locations and monitor indoor and outdoor spaces from different angles.
- IP65 weather resistant rating: Indoor/outdoor cameras install easily for DIY monitoring so you can place them in multiple places, indoors and out (Operating temperature: 0°to 45°C).
- Local video and audio storage: Built-in micro SD card (sold separately) slot for local backup storage in the event of mobile network interruption.
- Two-way audio: Built-in mic and speaker enable push-to-talk capability so you can listen in and talk back.
- Motion and audio detection: Arlo Go LTE Camera initiates automatic recordings and alerts you via email or app notifications.
- Cloud recordings: Seven days recurring cloud recordings storage from Netgear and you can connect up to 5 Arlo Go LTE Cameras without recurring additional monthly subscription fees.
- Night vision: See sharper details in stunning clarity with 720p HD cameras, even in low light.
- Live viewing: Watch live streamed or recorded videos from your compatible computer, compatible smartphone or tablet using the free Arlo app.
- Effortless set-up: Set up your Arlo Go LTE Camera within minutes through compatible iOS or Android mobile devices.
- Arlo solar panel: Telstra will offer a bonus Arlo Solar Panel with every Arlo Go LTE Camera purchased to help keep your battery charged. The Arlo Solar Panel harvests power from the sun and with only a few hours of direct sunlight, your Arlo Go LTE Camera stays charged by connecting via the provided cable.
Here are other things Telstra wants you to know:
- Telstra Network Coverage: The Telstra Mobile Network offers 4G in all capital CBDs and associated airports, most surrounding suburban areas and in over 600 regional towns. You’ll automatically switch to our fastest available 3G in other coverage areas around Australia. Check coverage here.
- Device payment contract: If you cancel early your remaining device payments and total min cost may be higher.
- Go Mobile Data Plus plans and My Business Mobile Data plans: All plan inclusions for use in Australia. Charges apply for excluded usage (eg. content charges and use overseas) and excess data. Unused allowances expire monthly.
- IP65 weather resistant: A two-digit number established by the International Electro Technical Commission is used to provide an Ingress Protection rating to a piece of electronic equipment or to an enclosure for electronic equipment. The first digit for the Arlo Go LTE Camera IP rating being 6 means the device is dust tight. The second digit 5 indicated Water projected by a nozzle (6.3mm) against enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects.
- Arlo Go recordings: Arlo Go LTE Camera is not suitable for monitoring life-threatening or emergency situations. Customers are responsible for complying with all applicable laws including any privacy or surveillance related laws. Arlo Go LTE Camera records video to the could every time motion or activity is detected. Recordings captured by the Arlo Go LTE Camera are available to view on a cloud-based portal supplied by Netgear, not Telstra. How long the recordings can be viewed is determined by the Service Plan agreed between the customers and Netgear.