Given that DiData is charging around the same price over three years that Telstra did over 7 years, it is probable that the range and depth of services being supplied is more extensive.
Under the new messaging deal, DiData will supply and manage a network to provide the State with an electronic messaging service that includes a mailbox service using Microsoft Exchange 2013 and messaging supplementary services.
- Mail Relay Service;
- Facsimile Service;
- SMS Service;
- Outlook Web Access Service;
- Mobility Service;
- Public Folder Service;
- Managed Mail List Service;
- Messaging Directory Service;
- Mail Domain Name Service;
- Anti-Virus Service;
- Anti-Spam Service;
- Anti-Phishing Service;
- Protective Marking Service;
- Backup, Mailbox Recovery and Disaster Recovery Services;
- Application Support Service;
- Exchange Administration Service;
- Additional Exchange Services; and
- Solution Design and Advisory Service.
The DiData messaging infrastructure for the SA Government is housed in two data centres provided by ISP Adam Internet in Adelaide and global data centre provider Equinix at its SY3 Sydney IBX Data Centre.
The contract, which commenced 17 June runs until 31 August 2018.