The proposed restrictions require a "safe zone" across traditional and new media platforms during times when children are more likely to be a part of the audience.
The ACMA is currently developing the revised draft rules which would prohibit gambling advertising during live sport that is streamed online between 5am and 8.30pm and restrict gambling advertising at other times.
Similar rules have been in place across broadcasting platforms since 30 March.
- Enhanced flexibility for providers in notifying end-users of the scheduled start of a sporting event.
- Removal of a previously proposed class exemption for small online content service providers.
- Restriction of a proposed exemption for age-restricted services to providers that are Australian-licensed wagering operators.
- A new exception from breach in certain circumstances that are beyond the control of a service provider.
- An extended 30-day implementation period before the new rules come into force.