The project, launched by the global data analytics company Qlik with founding partners Accenture, Cognizant, Experian, Pluralsight, Chartered Institute of Marketing, and Data to the People, aims brings together on the advisory board global data leaders recognised for their knowledge of and contribution towards helping individuals and organisations to “strategically harness and succeed with data every day”.
The board members include:
- Rahul Bhargava, researcher and technologist specialising in civic technology and data literacy at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Jane Crofts, founder of Data To The People and creator of Databilities
- Chantilly Jaggernauth, founder and chief executive of Millennials and Data (#MAD)
- Jordan Morrow, Global head of Data Literacy, Qlik
- Ben Jones, founder and chief executive of Data Literacy, LLC and Instructor in Data Visualization Theory at the University of Washington
- Paul Malyon, head of Thought Leadership & Data Literacy at Experian
- Meri Rosich, chief development officer and head of Data Science at VISA APAC
- Alan Schwarz, chief executive of DataPhi Communications, LLC and former Pulitzer Prize-nominated journalist for The New York Times
And Qlik also says the independent group of global data literacy leaders joining the advisory board will provide “impartial, third-party strategic counsel and direction” in support of the project’s three commitments:
- Inspiring major organisations globally to make data literacy an imperative;
- Creating the most accessible and comprehensive global data literacy educational resource ecosystem; and
- Empowering educational institutions globally to place data literacy into the mainstream curriculum.
“It is testimony to the immense importance of data literacy that we have brought together this group of influential data leaders to help us shape the roadmap that will enable the Data Literacy Project to deliver against its mission of creating a more data literate society,” said Jordan Morrow, chair of the Data Literacy Project Advisory Board and head of Data Literacy at Qlik.
“As the Project’s community continues to grow, their expertise and experience will be critical to ensure we’re able to practically support individuals and organisations in improving their data literacy.”