According to global analyst firm GlobalData the value of UK deals marked a decrease of 33.2% over the previous quarter - and a rise of 16.2% when compared with the last four-quarter average of US$2.79 billion.
The UK held a 5.01% share of the global technology industry M&A deal value that totalled $64.84bn in Q3 2019.
GlobalData says that in terms of deal activity, the UK recorded 109 deals during Q3 2019, marking a drop of 16.8% over the previous quarter and a drop of 10.7% over the last four-quarter average.
GlobalData also notes that the combined value of the top five technology M&A deals stood at US$3.07 billion, against the overall value of US$3.25 billion recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of Q3 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Jiangsu Shagang Group’s US$2.2bn acquisition of Global Switch Holdings
- The US$385.52m acquisition of Cloudcoco by adept4
- Ceres Bidco’s US$231.97m acquisition of StatPro Group
- The US$141.2m acquisition of Osmanthus Vale Holdings by 7Road
- Aptean’s acquisition of Sanderson Group for US$109.67m.