Kaseya, a leading provider of IT management solutions for Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and small to midsized businesses, has announced Kaseya AuthAnvil On-Demand, its cloud-based identity and access management (IAM) solution. It incorporates the first and only Universal Directory enabling MSPs to manage all of their customer IAM needs in a comprehensive, standard and consistent fashion while seamlessly supporting the broad mix of directory management technologies deployed in their customer base.
According to Kaseya’s 2016 Global MSP Pricing Survey, high-growth MSPs consider security services as a key competitive advantage to enable them to address their client’s number one concern, which is ‘heightened security risks’. The release of AuthAnvil On-Demand enables MSPs to empower their customers to gain authenticated and secure access to both on-premise and cloud applications from virtually any device.
“The IDaaS market is expected to double over the next two years representing an area of explosive growth,” said Mike Puglia, chief product officer for Kaseya. “AuthAnvil On- Demand empowers MSPs to capture this opportunity and rapidly build and deploy profitable service offerings in the end-user security space.”
The AuthAnvil On-Demand authentication suite consists of:
- Multifactor Authentication (MFA): Delivering an unprecedented level of identity assurance by validating access is only permitted by authorised users. Access to devices and applications can be unlocked with popular mobile devices like iPhone, and Android as well as popular Universal Second Factor (U2F) hardware key technology from companies like Yubico.
- Single Sign-On (SSO): Enabling users to sign-on once to access all their working web applications. It is integrated with MFA to verify identity and with Password Management to automate the login process, and makes provisioning and de-provisioning users a snap.
- Universal Directory: Enabling a cloud-based directory service to allow for a single source of truth when it comes to providing attribute-based identity management to staff and customers. Allows enterprise-class federated access to cloud applications at any scale, even when customer networks are not online or available on the Internet.
MSPs can utilize AuthAnvil On-Demand to:
- Add standalone custom branded IDaaS service offerings to offer best-in-class MFA, Password Management, and SSO for cloud services such as Salesforce.com, Dropbox, Office365, as well as on-premise applications like SharePoint, Exchange, and Microsoft Dynamics.
- Create comprehensive user-based security offerings incorporating IDaaS, anti-virus, anti-malware, and cloud-based backup offerings from Kaseya’s broad portfolio of industry leading MSP solutions.
- Harden the security of their internal client operations centre by restricting access to client management tools, strengthening and protecting client passwords, and immediately terminating access privileges for former employees
AuthAnvil On-Demand is deployed on the Microsoft Azure Cloud, which is one of the largest and most scalable public clouds in the world. The Azure platform enables AuthAnvil On-Demand to be compliant with a broad set of international and industry-specific standards, such as ISO 27001, SOC 1 and SOC 2. Kaseya AuthAnvil On-Demand is available across the entire global Azure network and was launched with dedicated PODS in North America and Europe.
“I&T was an early adopter of Kaseya’s AuthAnvil two-factor authentication and single sign on,” said Paul Cissel, CEO for Internet & Telephone, a New England-based Managed Service Provider serving customers spread across 38 different states and 14 different countries. “Our customers have significantly upgraded their level of security when we implemented these solutions. Cloud-based Universal Directory rounds out the complete solution for us and makes IDaaS an interesting proposition.”