Actifio Founder and CEO, Ash Ashutosh, says the funds will also be used for global brand development and product feature enhancements in data management solution for virtualised and Cloud IT architectures.
The funding round was led by Tiger Global Management with participation from current investors North Bridge, Greylock IL, Advanced Technology Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz and Technology Crossover Ventures.
“From the start we have focused on building the next great technology brand with a singular focus on delighting our customers with revolutionary technology, enterprise-class service, and transformative business results.
In Australia, Ashutosh said Actifio had served some of Australia and New Zealand’s “largest and most influential companies with customers stretching a number of key industries.” “Actifio also partners with Ingram Micro, the world’s largest distributor of computer and technology products to pursue new channel sales opportunities in Australia.”
Ashutosh also outlined a series of operating metrics which he said represented milestones in the company’s “remarkable progress” entering 2014:
• 182 percent year-over-year bookings growth in 2013
• Over 300 enterprise users worldwide
• More than 25 cloud service provider partners with Actifio-powered offerings in production or in process, including IBM’s new SmartData Virtualisation (SCDV), and Sungard’s Recover2Cloud cloud disaster recovery services
• Customers in 31 countries, with 44% of total bookings outside the United States
• Over 1 Exabyte of data, 14 Petabytes of active application data and 55 Petabytes of physical storage capacity under management
• Global deployments across broad platforms including vMWare, Windows, Linux, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, AS/400 and others; applications including vMWare, SQL, Oracle, DB2, Exchange, Sharepoint, SAP, and others; in over 25 vertical markets
• 36 patents granted, filed, or acquired.