The largest such event for software professionals in the Asia-Pacific region, GIDS has been running in India for over a decade and has hosted more than 56,000 developers so far. The virtual event series - GIDS Live 2020 - is Australian-made and produced by Melbourne-based company, Wurreka.
Each GIDS virtual event features a highly structured and curated schedule, packed with inspiration and stimulation for software professionals.
“We assemble the brightest minds in the industry to examine the changing role of software programmers, engineers, developers, managers and architects, explore crucial technologies and cutting-edge techniques, and provide essential professional training,” said GIDS founder and principal, Dilip Thomas. “The series is being expanded to Australia and Singapore because there is so much energy and innovation in the software development space across the region, and we are excited to illuminate that growth.”
The 2020 digital series features seven multi-stream conferences, 150+ international speakers, 250+ breakout sessions and 30+ lively workshops, spread out over the six months from July to December 2020. All sessions and speakers will be recorded, and ticket-holders may tune in to these sessions at their convenience.
The virtual events offer a digital-first experience, including:
• Live Q&A and chat to engage with speakers and attendees during sessions
• 1:1 networking rooms to meet like-minded attendees and exchange digital business cards
• 20+ virtual sponsor booths with meetings and live demos available via video and chat
• On-demand sessions available after the event is complete
The full schedule of events includes:
• Architecture: Software Architecture Reinvented
• Cloud: Ride the Cloud with Confidence
• Java: March to a New Beat
• Web: Keep Pace with the Evolving Web
• Languages: Become a Well-rounded Programmer
• Lead Dev: Refresh Software Professional Development
• AI/ML & Data: Insights to Drive Business Results
Sponsors for the event series include PayPal, ThoughtWorks, Business Finland, Freshworks, News Technology Services, IG Group, Atlassian, Intuit, Stryker, MiQ, Lowe's, Elastic Software.
Registration is open — secure a pass at GIDS Live, July - Dec 2020. https://developersummit.com/live
Wurreka means “to speak” in Wemba Wemba. Founded as platform to drive conversations about what’s coming (trends and technologies), Wurreka’s virtual events educate and illuminate its audiences so they can be fully prepared to deal with the new realities at work and in their professions.
Our core team and network of experts is based in the Bay Area and Silicon Valley, Colorado, Boston, NYC, Melbourne, Sydney, London, Mumbai and Bangalore.