The reviewer commended AVG for providing feature rich, full protection. He found the product very easy to install, and particularly complimented its centralized management capabilities. In addition to the overall five star rating, AVG Internet Security NE received five stars for features, ease of use, performance, and documentation.
AVG Internet Security NE provides businesses with powerful, easy-to-use protection against the full range of threats. It does this without hogging valuable system resources. The software works efficiently and unobtrusively in the background, around the clock. This enables employees to focus on their work and IT staff to focus on other business critical activities.
AVG Internet Security NE delivers:
* Protection against viruses, spyware, adware, rootkits, hackers, phishing, and spam
* Real time analysis of web pages to prevent drive-by downloads
* Company-wide security for workstations, laptops, file servers, and SharePoint Portals
* Protection against infected file downloads, including over instant messaging channels
* Centralized installation, deployment, management, and configuration
* Small client footprint for low-impact performance
* High-speed, automatic updates
* Free support and service around the clock and across the globe
AVG Internet Security NE currently supports clients in 15 languages, with additional language support in development.
“Receiving SC Magazine’s anti-malware “Recommended” award for AVG Internet Security Network Edition is a real honor,” said Karel Obluk, CTO of AVG Technologies. “Internet Security Network Edition provides comprehensive protection for business networks that’s easy to implement and easy to use. We’re proud to provide a full range of defenses against 21st-century cyberthreats.”
The patented LinkScanner® safe search and safe surf technology protects individuals as they surf the web. LinkScanner’s unique technology ensures that users are protected against drive-by downloads and other hidden threats at the only time that matters – when they click on the link. While other safe-surf products rely on historical databases, LinkScanner assesses each link in real time. This is a vital attribute in protecting against threats that may be present for only a matter of hours. LinkScanner is integrated into AVG’s business and consumer solutions.
To learn more about AVG’s solutions for business, go to https://www.avg.com/business-security
SC Magazine’s (US) Anti-malware Group Test appears in the January 2009 print edition and can be found online at https://www.scmagazineus.com