"A modern, seamless platform matters. Owning the fully integrated cloud technology stack, from voice, team chat and meetings to contact centre, enterprise APIs and programmable applications, enables us to rapidly inject new, innovative capabilities across the 8x8 Open Communications Platform via our microservices architecture,” said Dejan Deklich, Chief Product Officer at 8x8, Inc.
“This benefits organisations significantly as it removes friction for both administrators and users, allowing them to easily mix-and-match, manage and use the communications, collaboration and customer engagement features they need in a fast-evolving, operate-from-anywhere business environment.”
The latest 8x8 Open Communications Platform updates empower organisations of all sizes and levels with new, global cloud communications and collaboration features that provide:
- Frictionless User Experience: improved, intuitive user experience facilitates employee adoption of mobile-first capabilities and increases engagement and productivity while reducing overall IT support and training costs.
8x8 Work, a single, integrated app for voice, team chat and video meetings now features:
- Automatic presence status sync with Google and Microsoft Office 365 Calendars sets user presence based on calendar events, eliminating manual steps to prevent interruptions while on calls or video meetings.
- Dark mode, the ability to mute chat and SMS notifications, and block spam calls and numbers, keeps users focused and productive while working from anywhere.
- Amazon Fire OS support and available in the Amazon app store. Users of select Amazon Fire Tablet models can now enjoy the same best-in-class end-user experience and features available on iOS and Android devices, including seamlessly moving from a chat or SMS to a voice call or video meeting at the tap of the finger.
8x8 Meet is included in the 8x8 Work app or available as a standalone meetings solution, and now includes:
- Enhanced security with end-to-end (E2E) encryption for 8x8 Work app users and guests joining via a web browser.
- Improved collaboration for large groups with support for up to 100 active participants per meeting.
- Optimisation of upstream and downstream video quality to adjust for bandwidth consumption or network quality.
- In-meeting YouTube Video sharing with automatic audio source prioritization for participants.
Expanded Global Presence
- 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams is generally available for users based in 42 countries and successfully delivers an enterprise-class, easy-to-administer global telephony direct routing solution for businesses and organisations while keeping the Microsoft Teams experience unchanged for end users.
- 8x8 X Series is now available for organisations headquartered in the Republic of Ireland, providing full PSTN replacement, localised service plans with domestic and international calling, local direct inward dial (DID) and toll-free numbers and support for billing in Euros. Full service plan details for the Republic of Ireland are available at X Series Ireland.
- Full PSTN replacement providing access to services such as emergency, local and toll free numbers and short code calling were added for South Africa, Greece, Kazakhstan and Peru. This advanced level of support provides faster, simpler implementations for multinational organizations as well as simplified ongoing administration. With the addition of these four countries, 8x8 now provides full PSTN replacement in 42 countries across six continents allowing multinational organisations to consolidate their communications infrastructure globally.
- Effortless Administration: resource-constrained IT teams can quickly and easily manage the full communications requirements of a geographically dispersed mobile and remote workforce. New capabilities include:
- New Role-based access controls provide predefined roles, the ability to specify site administrators and granular controls for billing and ordering administrators.
- Easy compliance is now available with emergency services regulatory requirements. The 8x8 Admin Console now allows administrators to send automatic emergency notifications, determine target recipients and customise the notification content.
- Integration with Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) enables User Single Sign-On (SSO) configuration, allowing users to authenticate into any 8x8 application using their Azure AD credentials.
- The ability to customise an organisations' video meeting branding by adding a custom background, logo and vanity meeting URLs.
- Deeper Insights: new highly scalable analytics platform enables fast, easy analysis of user adoption, system performance, data sharing and organisation-wide call and meeting metrics. New features include:
- Detailed meeting analytics enable admins to track product usage and user adoption and to identify and manage audio and video quality issues.
- The enhanced Ring Groups Summary report benefits from 8x8's latest generation analytics platform, which provides administrators faster, easier reporting, more flexible metric comparisons and the ability to rapidly filter and access call detail records. For example, if a ring group shows several abandoned calls, admins can simply sort and find the call detail records of abandoned calls and with one click access call summary information as well as the details such as the call legs, etc.
- The addition of scheduling and API options make it easier than ever to propagate and share reports to aid faster decision making.
- Navigation and display options have also been improved, with new dynamic filtering options that enable users to prioritize and focus upon the data fields that are most relevant to their business needs.
Register for the upcoming customer webinar on December 16, 2020, at 8 am PT / 11 am ET to learn about the latest 8x8 Open Communications Platform enhancements.
Gartner Magic Quadrant
Recently, 8x8 was named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service, Worldwide. This is the ninth consecutive year 8x8 has been recognized as a Leader in this report. 8x8 was also recognized as a Challenger in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Contact Center as a Service.