In today’s competitive IT landscape, companies have to deliver products and services to their customers faster than their competition.The implementation of DevOps practices is an essential ingredient to reduce time-to-market for features and drive innovation.
According to the 2017 State of DevOps Report, high performing companies have:
- 46 times more frequent code deployments
- 440 times faster lead time from commit to deploy
- 96 times faster mean time to recover from downtime
- 5 times lower change failure rate
Key to such performance is significant automation to drive faster feedback cycle and allow more time for innovation. The report also finds that transformational leaders play a significant role in DevOps adoption, along with loosely coupled services and teams that have a high degree of autonomy, and the employment of lean product management that shortens and amplifies product feedback
DevOps Talks Conference 2018, to be held on 27-28 August at Doltone House, Darling Island Wharf in Sydney, brings together world class speakers, executives, thought leaders, and subject matter experts over 2 days to present, collaborate, learn, and challenge modern DevOps technologies and practices.
Since its launch, the conference has attracted amazing speakers with extensive industry experience, leaders who have brought about technological and cultural transformations, and professionals who are always looking ahead and driving revolutionary changes. Previous speakers at DevOps Talks Conference include Elizabeth Lawler, VP of DevOps Security at CyberArk, and Yoav Landman, Founder and CTO of JFrog.
The conference has also attracted some of the best minds in the industry: thought leaders who believe that allowing the technology to work for us allows us to focus on innovation and creativity, and that DevOps transformations go beyond tooling and technology, and into company culture and organisation.
DOTC is proud to feature both John Willis and Nathen Harvey as keynote speakers. John Willis is the VP of DevOps and Digital Practices at SJ Technologies, formerly Director of Ecosystem Development at Docker, and co-author of the bestseller ‘The DevOps Handbook’. Nathen Harvey is the VP of Community Development at Chef Software, and co-host of the Food Fight Show, a podcast about Chef and DevOps.
DOTC will also feature the following fantastic speakers among many others:
- Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEO at A Cloud Guru
- Erika Harris, Senior Program Manager - Azure CAT Partner at Microsoft
- Alena Prokharchyk, Principal Software Engineer at Rancher Labs
- Dave Corlett, Head of Application Lifecycle Management at Westpac New Zealand
- Mike Berry, Tech Area Lead, Platform Engineering at ANZ
- Aaron Bowden, Software Customer Engineer at Google
The conference is created as a hub for IT professionals to:
- Stay informed with the latest in DevOps best practices and technologies
- Share stories of digital transformations and cultural changes
- Be inspired by new developments in software architecture and agile software development methodologies
- Grow the community of DevOps leaders and practitioners in Australia
Join us at Doltone House, Darling Island Wharf, Sydney on 27-28 August, and be part of the community of DevOps leaders and practitioners.
Become a Sponsor: http://devopstalks.com/devops.html#become_sponsor
Follow us on: