The company said Malwarebytes for Mac included real-time protection to block and remove cyber threats, including malware, adware and potentially unwanted programs.
It said data showed that Mac users had seen more malware in the second quarter of 2017 than for all of 2016.
"In fact, more new malware families have appeared this year than in any other previous year in Mac history," the company said.
“We carefully designed Malwarebytes for Mac to protect all Mac users from cyber threats and potentially unwanted programs so that they can feel safe and have a Mac that performs like it should,” said Marcin Kleczynski, chief executive of Malwarebytes.
“Anti-virus and security awareness is no longer enough defence for Mac users, the growth of Mac malware has made that very clear. We hope that more and more Mac users will come to this realisation and begin to seek out additional defences.”
The company said the Malwarebytes version for Android included the following features:
- scans mobile applications, files, native memory and SD cards for malware and spyware, in addition to potentially unwanted programs and adware for removal;
- stops ransomware with proprietary next-generation technology and remediates ransomware incidents;
- schedules automatic device scans and colour codes device health issues by severity;
- identifies security vulnerabilities on the device and suggests remediation;
- identifies every application's access privileges in detail and breaks down access privileges by category; and
- showcases scan progress and identifies types of infections found, removal results and scan history.