SEEK reports that in the last fortnight ended 21 June, job ad volumes were at 68.3% of pre-COVID levels across all industry and business sectors - with ICT in the top 10 classfications at 52.3% of the ads, followed by accounting at 52.6% and administration & office support with 55.4%.
“In the fortnight ended 21 June, job ad volumes were at 68.3% of pre-COVID levels. For jobseekers in particular this is a positive sign, as it’s a long way from the job ad data we saw during the lowest point of the pandemic, which was April 2020, meaning that more jobs are on SEEK right now than we have seen since March,” said Kendra Banks, Managing Director, SEEK ANZ.
“Several industry sectors are rebounding well, including Community Services, Healthcare & Medical and Trades & Services. Roles in Community Services performed particularly well during the coronavirus pandemic, and at 95.9%, is almost back to its pre-COVID job ad growth levels. Top roles in the sector are Aged & Disability Support, Child Welfare and Employment Services,” said Banks.
“All states and territories showed growth in job ad volumes in the last two weeks. When compared to pre-COVID levels in February of this year, Victoria and New South Wales have the most ground to make up, both sitting at around 60% of pre-COVID levels, while all other states are above 70%, and although there is still some volatility in the week-to-week numbers, overall, we continue to see job ad volume growth.”
SEEK says job ads volumes in each state compared to February 2020 were:
- Northern Territory: 94.9%
- Western Australia: 88.5%
- Tasmania: 79.7%
- Queensland: 78.5%
The SEEK “where the jobs are” report shows:
- Information & Communication Technology: Developers/ Programmers, Business/ Systems Analysts, Software Engineering, Help Desk and IT Support and Project Management
- Healthcare & Medical: roles such as Physiotherapy, Nursing (Aged Care and General Medical), Dental, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work, Medical Administration and General Practitioners
- Trades & Services: Automotive, Labourers, Hair & Beauty Services, Electricians, Welders & Boilermakers and Fitters, Turners & Machinists
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics: Warehousing, Storage & Distribution, Road Transport, Assembly & Process Woandrk and Machine Operators
- Education & Training: Childcare & Outside School Hours Care, Teaching (Early Childhood, Secondary, Vocational and Primary) Workplace Training & Assessment
- Community Services & Development: Aged & Disability Support, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services Employment Services