Launching in the U.S only (sniff!) on February 12, Xbox Live will reward registered players with an increasing amount of stuff as they rack up their Gamerscore. To quote the “Old Spice Experience Challenge” web site;
* Level 1 (0 – 4,999 annual Gamerscore): You are developing your skills and gaining experience. Take some time to get used to the program and learn your way around. The Challenges will typically be easier and the rewards smaller.
* Level 2 (5,000 – 9,999 annual Gamerscore): We are going to turn up the heat a bit. You have proved that you know how to play and are willing to put in the gaming time to reap the benefits. The Challenges will get a bit more difficult. Never fear, the reward value goes up as well.
* Level 3 (over 10,000 annual Gamerscore): This is an arena filled with the who's who of gaming. We don't want to claim that Level 3 is an exclusive club, but if you find yourself winning Challenges here, you've obviously pulled out the big guns, so enjoy while it lasts.
What “stuff” can you win? Let’s see on page 2
You have until April 12 to increase your score to the levels indicated – all dollar amounts in US dollars.
* Level 1 (0 – 4,999 annual Gamerscore):The popular Xbox Live Arcade game Contra (rated: E10+) from Konami (Retail Value $5.00)
Exclusive Old Spice Level 1 Xbox Rewards gamer picture
An experience upgrade to Xbox Rewards Level 2
* Level 2 (5,000– 9,999 annual Gamerscore):The popular Xbox Live Arcade game Contra (rated: E10+) from Konami
Exclusive Old Spice Level 2 Xbox Rewards gamer picture
100 Microsoft Points
An experience upgrade to Xbox Rewards Level 3
* Level 3 (over 10,000 annual Gamerscore):The popular Xbox Live Arcade game Contra (rated: E10+) from Konami
Exclusive Old Spice Level 3 Xbox Rewards gamer picture
200 Microsoft Points
Old Spice T-Shirt (Estimated Retail Value $10.00)
A copy of Fuzion Frenzy 2 game (rated: E10+) (Estimated Retail Value $50.00)
So now you can win cold hard, emmm, errrr, Microsoft points. Surely this idea will promote fair competitive online play, that will benefit all man-kind.
I am also hoping that the Old Spice T-Shirts come infused with the sponsors product, to increase your Gamerscore by 10,000+ will require buckets of sweat