They work by combining high-speed 802.11ax Wi-Fi - otherwise known as Wi-Fi 6 - with dual-band technology and Gigabit Ethernet ports. Both routers provide a seamless networking experience with the highest degrees of speed, range, and flexibility.
Graeme Reardon, Managing Director of D-Link Australia and New Zealand said, “By combining the very latest Wi-Fi 6 technology into our latest range of EXO AX Series Routers along with our easy-to-use D-Link Wi-Fi installation and management app and our award-winning 24/7 free technical support, it’s an easy choice for customers to upgrade to the latest Wi-Fi technology in their home. With all the latest phones, tablets and smart home devices now coming out that have Wi-Fi 6 built-in, it’s a great time to upgrade your home network and supercharge your home network speeds, whilst increasing your Wi-Fi coverage too.”
The DIR-X1860 and DIR-X5460 bring forth a host of new technologies to create the best wireless networking experience to date fully utilising both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. They sport 1024 QAM to boost throughput to devices up to 25% and 160MHz contiguous channel width for even more bandwidth.
In practical terms, this means ultra-first combined speeds of up to 5400Mbps for the DIR-X5460 and 1800Mbps for the DIR-X1860, across both the 5GHz and 2.4GHz channels. The DIR-X5460 drives 4800Mbps on its 5GHz channel alone.
The fast simultaneous data allows you to enjoy 4K streaming media, virtual reality gaming, cloud storage and backups and many more things as seen in busy homes today. The units include gigabit ethernet LAN and WAN ports and Quality of Service (QoS) to allow traffic prioritisation.
As well as MU-MIMO the two new routers use Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA), a signature technology in Wi-Fi 6 that splits a channel into four sub-channels. This means signals from multiple devices get simultaneously transmitted together and never have to queue up again, resulting in an incredible 4x boost in bandwidth capacity. All-in-all they are ideal for smart homes filled with bandwidth-hungry IoT devices threatening to devour your Wi-Fi capacity. The routers are more efficient too. BSS Colouring makes transmissions more unique by ‘colouring’ them with their own unique code resulting in less interference and more range in congested Wi-Fi environments. Target Wake Time (TWT) efficiently schedules transmissions for client devices, meaning they know when to be ready for data and when to take a break, increasing your devices’ battery life.
D-Link provides a free Wi-Fi app to help set the routers up with ease, giving on-screen step-by-step instructions. However, even though it’s simple to set up, it gives you advanced access control features, voice assistant compatibility, daily update checking and backup firmware to recover in the event of a failed update.
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) technology provides faster speeds, greater capacity and less network congestion
- Next-gen speeds up to 5,400 Mbps (600 Mbps + 4,800 Mbps) for the DIR-X5460 and 1800 Mbps for the DIR-X1860 (1200 Mbps on the 5GHz and 600 Mbps on the 2.4GHz)
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi with up to 6 simultaneous streams makes 4K streaming, VR gaming or video chatting a breeze
- OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology communicate more data to more devices while simultaneously reducing lag
- BSS colouring technology reduces interference in 'noisy' Wi-Fi environments, making more efficient use of available Wi-Fi spectrum
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports and 1 Gigabit Ethernet WAN port provide optional wired connectivity
- Built-in USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports to create shared storage
- Intelligent Quality of Service (QoS) prioritises network traffic to minimise the impact of low bandwidth
- Backwards compatibility ensures support for previous Wi-Fi standards and all Wi-Fi devices
- Increased battery life of connected devices with Target Wake Time technology
- Supports the latest Wi-Fi security with 128-bit encryption
- Voice Control for an even easier home Wi-Fi networking experience
- Works with the D-Link Wi-Fi app for easy setup and enhanced parental controls
The DIR-X1860 AX1800 and DIR-X5460 AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 Routers are available now from www.dlink.com.au at RRP AUD$299.95 and AUD$499.95), www.dlink.co.nz at RRP NZ$329.99 and NZ$529.99, and from all authorised D-Link Partners and Retailers in both countries.