With data speeds of up to 1000 Mbps [in theory] and greater reliability for connections it is ideal for bandwidth intensive applications like 4K video streaming, hi-fi audio, on-line gaming, network file transfers, NAS, and has an attached Ethernet switch that can provide Internet to a small network.
The devices are true plug and play – plug one adapter into a power outlet near your existing router and connect it via the supplied Ethernet cable, and then plug the other adapter into the room where you want to extend your Internet connection.
The new Passthrough power socket removes power socket “hog” and gigabit Ethernet enables true 4K steaming and ultra-fast network connections.
I have been using D-Link’s Powerline solutions for many years and they are my preferred way of getting Internet to areas where Wi-Fi can be patchy, or where guaranteed signal strength is needed (e.g. VoIP).
D-Link ANZ managing director Graeme Reardon said, “Demand for PowerLine products has sky rocketed over the last few years and continues to grow. The main reason is that PowerLine is a simple and easy way to extend your Internet access within a home or business, without the hassle of installing extra cables. It’s perfect for meeting the demands of an ever-increasing number of connected devices and the desire for ultra-high performance and high-speed Internet connectivity.”
- PowerLine AV2 technology for up to 1000 Mbps throughput
- Passthrough power socket to connect other electrical devices to the same power point
- Gigabit Ethernet LAN port
- Plug-and-play – no configuration required
- Simple Connect button for secure connectivity between other PowerLine devices
- Wall-Plug design for more convenience
- Single Input Single Output (SISO) technology
- Quality of Service (QoS) support
- Supports D-Link Green Power Saving features
- Includes 2 x DHP-P600AV adaptors in the kit
The DHP-P601AV is available now for $199.95
If you need even more you can get the AV2 MIMO, 2000Mbps, DHP-701AV kit.