Data devotees Acronis have announced the availability of Acronis Access Advanced 7.2 – the latest version of its mobile file access, sync and share solution for enterprises.
The new version ‘enhances security and privacy functionality and is now integrated with Microsoft Intune Mobile Application Management (MAM),’ while including ‘built-in support for popular content management and storage systems,’ along with a ‘redesigned user interface for Apple iOS devices.’
Corri Silveira, the Technology Services Manager of US-based Mid Valley IT said: "With the new Acronis Access Advanced, we can give our users highly secure access and sharing for all of our private cloud file shares, as well as SharePoint. At the same time, we can maintain greater control over our data with comprehensive security, granular policy management, and better ability to manage users, devices, apps, and data at all times.”
So, what exactly is Acronis Access Advanced?
The company explains that it’s ‘an easy, complete, and safe file access, sync, and share solution, providing IT with complete control over business content to ensure security and privacy, maintain compliance, and enable Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies. End users can easily and securely access corporate file servers, file sharing sites and content management systems found in on-premises or cloud environments, and also share content with other employees, customers, partners and vendors.’
Kerry Dolan, an analyst with the Enterprise Strategy Group said: “More employees are using consumer cloud services like Dropbox for file sync and share, leaving vast amounts of data exposed and at risk. End users and the IT department have no idea if their data is protected, and when employees leave the company, this data goes with them.”
More details below, please read on!
Acronis promises its new Access Advanced 7.2 suite ‘meets the security, privacy and control requirements of IT with the most advanced Policy Engine in the market and on-premises data storage, while increasing employee productivity and collaboration with enterprise-class file sync and share capabilities. The solution gives employees secure and immediate mobile access to files and documents to help drive business and more quickly respond to customer needs.’
Here’s what new in the Acronis Access Advanced 7.2 zoo.
Acronis Access Advanced adds more power, flexibility, storage support and an improved user experience, including:
- Safest access to sensitive documents – provides increased security, compliance and convenience in protecting company resources, intellectual property and customer information on mobile devices. With Web Preview, there’s no need for employees to download files first, documents stay where they are supposed to be and are always under control of the IT department.
- Expanded content storage support – built-in support for leading content management systems Alfresco, EMC Documentum and other CMIS-compliant content sources, making existing stored data available to employees.
- Integrated with Microsoft Intune Mobile Access Management – enables IT administrators to easily manage the deployment of Acronis Access Advanced and apply management policies for data protection on mobile devices using the new MAM features of Microsoft Intune.
- Redesigned user experience on iOS mobile devices – delivers completely redesigned and optimised user experience to put all the power and control at the end user’s fingertips.
- More collaboration power and control - users have more flexibility and control on shared materials. IT can define policies on file types, size and properties.
Derick Naef, GM of Mobility Solutions at Acronis niftily noted that: “Today’s employees spend as much as 30-40 hours per week working on their mobile devices and many are still using insecure file sync and share solutions.
“With our new release of Acronis Access Advanced, we are breaking down the barriers between people, information, privacy, and security by giving the IT department greater control of company data that is accessed and shared by employees on mobile devices.”
Here's the Acronis Access Advanced product video: