The customer survey by Paessler also found that mobile is rising in importance for network administrators, with 49% of administrators accessing Paessler’s PRTG Network Monitor on their mobile device.
Paessler says it has responding to this increasing demand for mobile solutions, by making several improvements in mobile in the past year, including the development of a mobile application for all major operating systems, a refined user interface and the introduction of customisable push notifications.
Paessler founder and CEO Dirk Paessler said the company had worked diligently in the past year to make PRTG “more user-friendly and to develop mobile solutions, and the response from our customer base has been substantial”.
According to Paessler, among the key benefits of network monitoring, PRTG users also highlighted time and cost savings in relation to network management, with 64% of respondents reporting exceptional value in time savings and 46% realising exceptional value in cost savings.
Additionally, 55% of respondents reported weekly time savings of two hours per week or more, with 23% reporting savings of four hours per week or more.
Paessler said that by saving just two hours a week, IT departments gain 13 working days of time.
Other key findings of the Paessler survey and recommendations include:
• Recommendation – 96% of respondents would be happy to recommend PRTG to a colleague, or have already done so
• Fast Installation – 65% of respondents saw exceptional value in PRTG’s installation time
• Ease of Use – 79% of respondents rated PRTG’s ease of use as high or very high
• Quality Support – Only 43% of respondents needed to request support, but among those that did, 87% found support to be helpful
• Reliability – 78% of respondents were very satisfied with PRTG’s reliability, and
• Security – 81% of respondents saw value in the security benefits of PRTG