eBay claims the service, available from mid-June, will transform the online retail space by providing a smarter and more seamless shopping experience and revolutionise the retail experience for Australian shoppers while relieving them of the burden of ongoing delivery costs.
The launch of eBay Plus comes as the online retailer released new research which it said revealed that more than a third (36%) of Australia’s 13.6 million online shoppers spend more than $71 on delivery each year, with almost 1 in 10 (8%) spending in excess of $200 – an estimated $730 million annually.
Tim MacKinnon, managing director of eBay Australia & New Zealand, said the introduction of eBay Plus was a “game-changer for Aussie shoppers” and would address the pain-point of delivery costs.
“eBay Plus is the ultimate shopping membership. It’s like getting free delivery from your local shopping centre without leaving home. You sign up to eBay Plus and receive free delivery and returns on 15 million items from tens of thousands of Aussie retailers including Myer, Target and Chemist Warehouse.
“With exclusive deals, double flybuys points and premium service, eBay Plus provides the best of Australian retail in one feature-packed membership, without the worry of delivery and return fees.”
eBay Plus key features include:
- Free delivery: Delivery included on all eBay Plus purchases, with over 15 million products listed.
- Free returns: Benefit from free returns on all eBay Plus purchases.
- Exclusive deals: Access special deals and discounts only available to eBay Plus members. Examples of offers include up to 60% off on popular items and early access to new products.
- Bonus flybuys points: Collect double flybuys points on all eBay Plus purchases.
- Premium customer service: A dedicated customer support team.