CeBIT is aimed at B-2-B – enterprise, government and education users. This year it is easier to get to, being held in the heart of the Sydney CBD at Darling Harbour. It has more than 350 exhibitors, 13 Zones, 8 Conferences, 250 presenters, show floor theatres, strategic panels, and international keynotes.
Eligible attendees can get a free exhibition pass here.
Harvey Stockbridge, managing director at Hannover Fairs Australia, said, “The show floor features at CeBIT Australia 2017 are set to be bigger than ever before. It is our honour to work with world-leading innovators like VicHyper, to the next generation of Australian entrepreneurs including Ben Wang, showcasing the future of Australia’s innovation economy.”
Other show floor features include:
- The Australian and New Zealand Driverless Vehicle Initiative (ADVI) will present an interactive pod which aims to accelerate the successful introduction of driverless vehicles in the region, alongside a Volvo, which is being tested across Australia and New Zealand.
- VicHyper will reveal an air-tight pod, called Hyperloop, which flies through a near-vacuum tube reaching speeds of up to 1000km/h. It strives to get commuters and freight to their destination in the quickest, safest and most cost-effective way possible. Born from the vision of Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla Motors, SpaceX, PayPal, SolarCity and OpenAI, Hyperloop is the futuristic fifth mode of transport after planes, trains, cars and boats.
- Sixteen-year-old Sydney high school entrepreneur, Ben Wang, has designed RemoteBoot, a device that allows you to fully access a computer anytime, anywhere without having to leave it on, reducing the idle power consumption by 99%. RemoteBoot found success on the crowdfunding website, Kickstarter, where it has seen over 400 individuals invest nearly $18,000.
- Voxon Photonics have developed glasses-free 3D and hologram display technology that brings digital content to life without a barrier between you and the hologram.
- EORA 3D Scanner harnesses the power and optics of smartphones to capture all sides of an object in full colour with sub-100-micron accuracy reducing the part count and cost of 3D scanning.
- Ever realised too late you left your iron, electric blanket or hair straightener on at home? Wirebutter is an IoT connected power board that allows appliances to be turned on or off remotely.