Empired Managing Director Russell Baskerville said the strong financial, strategic and operational performance was in high demand services around cloud, big data/business analytics, mobile, social and security.
“We are confident that this is a result of our clear strategy to focus on providing our clients with business solutions that are underpinned by our commitment to deliver them efficiency, productivity and growth,” Baskerville said.
“The market is clearly evolving with many organisations challenging traditional business models to deliver more for less, whilst continuing to capitalise on new growth opportunities. We are confident Empired is well placed to assist our clients with these challenges.”
With revenue up 44%, Baskerville said services revenue represented 85% of this result, while EBITDA grew 98% to $7.1m and net profit before tax was up 119% to $4.3M.
And, Baskerville said Empired would enter the FY15 with approximately 45% of revenue contracted.
“Both organically and acquisitively we have ensured that our services have matured and are aligned to global growth mega trends. We are well placed to secure market share in high demand services around Cloud, Big Data / Business Analytics, Mobile, Social and Security.
“Our underlying business model continues to focus on core operational business systems that are fundamental to our customer’s day to day business performance, providing contracted recurring revenue that is predictable and defensive in its nature. This provides us confidence into FY15 with approximately 45% of target revenue contracted.
“Our acquisitions have performed well, they have met all financial performance expectations and have aligned positively into our broader culture. We are confident that these transactions have built upon our strong base and provide a broader national platform to leverage in the coming years.”
Baskerville listed strategic highlights of Empired’s FY 2014 as:
• Acquired OBS in October 2013, adding $32m of annualised revenue in high growth services across the East Coast, cementing Empired as the largest Microsoft SharePoint partner in Australia. All 2014 financial targets met
• Acquired eSavvy in May 2014, doubling the Sydney office and cementing Empired as the largest Microsoft CRM partner in Australia
• Secured $50m contract with a major resources company, mobilisation and ramp up costs expensed in FY14 and on track to provide contribution in FY15 with potential for considerable upside with the customer
• Secured $46m contract with Main Roads WA, underpinning contracted revenue for the next 5 years
• Raised $15m of equity capital through a strongly oversubscribed institutional placement. This provided material improvements to trading liquidity and provides a strong balance sheet for growth.