The company describes the new product as "highly accurate, scalable and versatile", and said in a statement that the Fusion4 MSC-L offers "ground-breaking, intuitive device interface to enable every installation, operation and maintenance function to be controlled in the field using a large display and integrated keyboard that works as a complete hazardous area operating station."
The controller can operate up to six loading arms simultaneously, providing control for road loading, as well as tank farm transfers and marine and rail terminal operations.
“The Fusion4 MSC-L lets operators do more with less,” said Richard Thompson, general manager of Honeywell Enraf.
“It can control more streams, with high accuracy, than any other device, so users need fewer units. The intuitive interface and display give those in the field full system visibility and control to get more done in less time.”
Like the other devices in the Fusion4 portfolio covering blending and additive control, MSC-L offers a user experience based on mobile phone and tablet computing apps.
"Combined with the installed keyboard, it offers simple, secure and fully functional control of the loading system from the unit itself," the company said.
“The new controller is a hands-on tool for day-to-day terminal operations,” said Thompson.
Honeywell Enraf said other MSC-L features include:
- A hazardous area, explosion proof design;
- Unique live data transfer in hazardous areas, with safe, secure two-way data communication using the handheld Fusion4 LAD (Local Access Device) for rapid transfer of transaction data, configuration files and calibration records;
- User configurable and expandable I/Os;
- Start-up in under one minute, with calibration wizards and zero downtime upgrades;
- Real-time stream, I/O type and system diagnostics;
- Advanced alarm handling for twice as many alarms as any other available device; and
- Compatibility with Honeywell Enraf’s safe area device monitoring software package Fusion4 Portal for remote monitoring and configuration of hazardous area devices, as well as MID approved bill of lading printing, scheduled summary printing, alarm management and transaction audit trails to boost efficiency and compliance.
For more information about Honeywell Enraf’s loading, additive and blending control solutions visit www.honeywellenraf.com.