Kate Toon. Kate describes herself as a misfit entrepreneur, who is a business coach, SEO lover, copywriter, podcaster, speaker, author and hula hooper who was awarded Businesswoman of the Year at the national My Business Awards in 2020, and enjoys huge social media followings.
The perfect example of her teachings, courses, podcasts and more, Kate has mastered the art of self-branding and has built a strong community of students who have successfully applied her teachings to their own businesses, with a ton of testimonials at her site to back it all up.
An expert in all the digital things that matter, Kate has remained on the cutting edge of technology, and has been able to share this knowledge in an easy to understand and easy to copy way that has delivered real, actionable benefits and insights to help others achieve their dreams, goals and their own business successes.
You can see a video interview with Kate embedded below, which was a lot of fun and a great primer on all the cool things Kate does and offers, but what is Kate’s latest online discovery?
Kate’s latest endeavour is understanding, using and benefiting from Clubhouse, a new type of social network based on voice, where people around the world come together to talk, listen, and learn from each other in real-time.
It’s the newest and fastest-growing social media app, used even by Oprah and Elon Musk, with COVID-19 has created the perfect environment for it over the past year, as forced isolation has ensured the continued and growing popularity of audio as an intimate way to connect.
But as with all things that are new, how do you use it? How do you decode the lingo? How can you benefit from it, and benefit others?
Kate has been an early adopter of Clubhouse - she already has 6,000 followers on the app, and has created a free guide to 'your first 7 days on Clubhouse', to help other people make the most of their presence, which you can download free here.
Her Club “The Misfit Entrepreneurs” is one of the fastest-growing in Australia.
Kate said: “With Clubhouse - there's nowhere to hide. You have to be 100% you. It's not like Facebook or Instagram where you can hide behind glossy photos and inspirational quotes. It's raw and real."
Through her interactions on Clubhouse, Kate has already scored multiple invitations to speak at events, appear on podcasts and sourced speakers and guests for her own podcasts and platforms.
"Clubhouse is a great alternative to talk radio and podcasts, and the opportunity for brands and small business is huge. It’s an amazing way to grow your list, make connections and network (especially during Covid Lockdowns)." Kate added.
So, to learn more, we spoke to Kate about everything she’s doing, why Clubhouse is important, and plenty more. After the video interview is a summary of the topics we spoke about, so please read on!
- I started by introducing Kate and welcoming her to the program, noting that she has an amazing number of terrifically taut strings to her bow, coupled with an amazing array of arrows in her quiver, along with a brilliant website which teaches people how to build a better business with smart digital marketing - and asking her to please tell us more about herself, and her products and services.
- We then spoke about the Clubhouse revolution, and the free 7-day guide to Clubhouse that is freely downloadable on her site. Kate explained what what Clubhouse is, who is using it, what her free guide teaches, and why is it the next big thing for small business owners, freelancers and entrepreneurs.
- We talk about Kate’s teaching that show how it is possible to create a successful, lucrative, enjoyable business without having to be everywhere, do everything, and without needing to scale, get investors or hire a team of minions, and how people can do this, the resources she offers to learn these skills, the types of success her students have enjoyed and the types of businesses they have built.
- I then asked Kate what the biggest questions are that business owners ask her about when they seek her services, and what she wishes business people understood about the Internet in 2021.
- We explored lessons Kate learned from COVID-19, given the year that was which we are still living through today, even though we are now in 2021.
- Kate explained what led her to becoming an entrepreneur, rather than sticking in the corporate world as so many people do today.
- We then moved on to Kate’s memories of her first computer growing up, how she thinks the Internet, technology and business will evolve over the next few years through to 2030, great advice Kate has received in life, and her final message to iTWire viewers and readers, and to her current and future customers and partners.
The video interview is above, please take a look for yourself, and for more information, please visit the Kate Toon website, with Kate's free Clubhouse guide here and the ability to join her free Facebook Group here.