Tech21 traditionally protects you from drops, bumps, scratches and accidents, but its Evo Check line of cases, now includes "BioCote antibacterial protection".
The company says this "reduces bacteria by 99.5% in just two hours, helping to keep your case hygienically clean".
Tech21 points to a survey by Deloitte, which states that "the average Australian picks up their phone about 30 times per day, a majority even admitting to use it in the restroom".
The company tells us that this "furthers the brand’s commitment to ultimate device protection, helping to keep your case hygienically clean by reducing bacteria responsible for causing staining, odours and material degradation.
"This protective technology isn’t just a coating, it’s incorporated throughout the case material at the point of manufacture, ensuring that your case is protected for its entire lifetime. This newest design enhancement expands the materials science innovation from tech21, aimed to provide consumers with complete cell phone protection, drop after drop."
We're also told that, "as a trusted ‘Designed for Samsung’ partner, tech21 works in collaboration with Samsung to meticulously design each product with care, working in partnership right from the start.
"Each case is designed to allow Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e to shine, with full access to ports and buttons and zero interference with signal quality or wireless charging. We are also pleased to offer screen protection with our Impact Shield with Anti-Scratch, designed specifically to protect the unique curved screen and prevent scratches and damage."
Colin Woodward, tech21 chief executive, said; "Tech21 is thrilled to be expanding our product ranges and launching antimicrobial case technology for the new Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e.
“Our goal at tech21 is to use our material science innovations to solve consumer problems, and with phones being used more than ever, we are excited to offer this enhanced level of protection which will keep our customers cases hygienically clean from the microbes that are picked up in everyday life.”
Here's info on tech21's "full range of case protection for Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e":
- "More protection. Refined design. Now including BioCote® antimicrobial protection, which reduces microbes by up to 99.99% to keep your phone case fresher and cleaner for longer, protecting against odour causing and staining microbes, such as bacteria and mould.
- "Evo Check also features an effective three-layer protection system which includes FlexShock™, an impact material unique to tech21 that provides up to 12 feet of drop protection. Available in Smokey/Black, Ultra Violet, Rouge, Neon Yellow and Shark Blue for Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e at JB Hi Fi, Optus, Harvey Norman and tech21.com at $49.95."
- "Protect. Reveal, with an elegant shimmer. With a subtle iridescent tint, Pure Shimmer complements your phone’s original beauty while keeping it well protected thanks to BulletShield.
- "Pure Shimmer is thin, light, durable and scratch-resistant and provides up to 10 feet of drop protection. Available in Pink and Blue for Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e at JB Hi Fi and tech21.com at $49.95."
- "Protect. Reveal, with a hint of colour. With advanced BulletShield protection and a subtle coloured tint, Pure Tint complements your phone's original beauty while keeping it well protected, drop after drop from up to 10 feet.
- "Available in Carbon for Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e at JB Hi Fi and tech21.com at $49.95."
- "Protect. Reveal. Ultra-thin and crystal clear, Pure Clear lets you enjoy your phone’s original beauty while keeping it protected.
- "Pure Clear is thin, light, durable, scratch-resistant and provides up to 10 feet of drop protection thanks to BulletShield. Available in Clear for Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e at JB Hi Fi, Optus, Harvey Norman and tech21.com at $49.95."
- "Travel light. Stay protected. With concealed storage for two cards secured by a magnetic closure, Evo Wallet lets you travel light while keeping your phone protected.
- "With FlexShock, the case also provides up to 12 feet of drop protection so users can keep their phone protected, drop after drop. Available in Black for Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10+ at JB Hi Fi, Optus, Harvey Norman and tech21.com at $64.95."
The new range of screen protectors for Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e includes:
Impact Shield with Anti-Scratch (Curved)
- "Advanced Protection. Responsive Control. With three-layers of BulletShield, a high-performing impact material used in bulletproof glass, Impact Shield Anti-Scratch protects against day-to-day scratches and allows you to control your content with the lightest gesture.
- "Available for Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e at JB Hi Fi and tech21.com at $39.95."