We're told this headset delivers "legendary Plantronics audio quality and uniquely boasts the 'Always Aware' feature that enables outdoor enthusiasts to 'hear what truly matters' — like taxi horns, barking dogs or screeching brakes — during their workout".
"These true wireless headsets have soft, flexible earbuds that actually fit and hold comfortably no matter the activity, so they’re durable, safe and stylish. The BackBeat FIT 3100 is the must-have true wireless headset this holiday season."
So, what does Plantronics have for frequent travellers?
Reminding us that "travel can be exhausting, loud and very distracting", it should come as no surprise to see Plantronics talk up "the comfort and calm of Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) headphones". However, the company warns they have been "priced out of reach for too many".
Naturally, Plantronics has an answer, stating that its "BackBeat GO 410 provides discrete and lightweight wireless ANC earbuds with up to 10 hours of extended battery life and ANC in a sleek form factor at an unexpectedly affordable price".
"Travellers can now hear what truly matters – not their chattering seatmate or the chimes and pings of a game played on a mobile device in the row behind on daily commutes or 10-hour flights."
Peter Petrides, national sales manager, Australia, New Zealand & South East Asia at Plantronics, said: "For more than 50 years, Plantronics has created audio solutions that help people have the best experiences possible, regardless of where they are or what they’re doing.
"People now expect clarity and an enhanced experience as well as sound, so we created five new headsets that meet those consumer demands. People want to be transported, whether they’re running, exercising at the gym or creating an oasis of personal space while travelling.”
The company advises that "consumers around the world can choose from this broad variety of new Plantronics headsets to meet their personal style, preferences and desired experiences. These new headsets deliver the quality Plantronics is known for in terms of durability".
In addition to the true wireless BackBeat FIT 3100 and the active noise cancelling BackBeat GO 410, Plantronics is also introducing the following headsets:
- BackBeat FIT 2100, which is the newest version of the consumer favourite BackBeat FIT. Runners and active people across the globe know and trust the quality and durability of this wireless headset. The new 2100 ic claimed to improve a person’s experience with the "Always Aware" design.
- BackBeat FIT 350 delivers another wireless wearing style option for gym-goers with stability and up to six hours of listening time, optimised for situations where you want to hear your music – not the grunting of the power lifter nearby.
- BackBeat GO 810 are wireless, over-the-ear headphones that pack up to 28 hours of listening time for commuters and travellers, so they can focus on what matters amid the clamour of an airport, an airplane, commuter bus or subway.
Pricing and Availability
- BackBeat FIT 3100 is available in Australia today in two colours, Black and Grey for A$239.99.
- BackBeat FIT 350 is available in Australia today in three colours, Black/Grey, Grey/Bone and Grey/Blue for A$119.99.
- BackBeat GO 810 will be available in Australia at the beginning of October in three colours, Graphite Black, Navy Blue and Bone White for A$239.99.
- BackBeat GO 410 will be available in Australia at the beginning of October in two colours, Graphite and Bone for A$199.99.
- BackBeat FIT 2100 will be available in Australia at the beginning of November in four colours, Black, Grey, Blue and Lava Black for A$159.99.
All Backbeat FIT models (BackBeat FIT 3100, BackBeat FIT 350 and BackBeat FIT 2100) will be available at JB HiFi, Officeworks, Rebel Sports and via the Plantronics website.
BackBeat GO 410 and BackBeat GO 810 will be available at JB HiFi, Officeworks and via the Plantronics website.