While the Logitech K780 could be taken to be a portable device, it has a full-sized keyboard, numeric keypad, dual function and number keys, and pretty good "PerfectStroke" concave keys. It works over a 10m Bluetooth range or via the unifying receiver. It will even act as a tablet or smartphone stand.
Battery life from the two AAA batteries is rated at 24 months, and it has auto on/off. Because it is 100% HID (Human interface device) compatible, it will work with any reasonably modern device as long as it has USB drivers.
Art O Gnimh, global director of keyboards at Logitech, said, “When it comes to typing we can create a document quickly and comfortably on the computer, but when answering a text message on the phone we’re limited to what our two thumbs can do. Now with the K780 Multi-Device, you can type comfortably at desktop speed on all the devices that you use at your desk, seamlessly switching between them with the touch of a button.”
An integrated rubber slot securely cradles a variety of mobile devices at a perfect reading angle, from smartphones to the 12” tablet (iPad, Samsung, Surface). These will not tip over. The keyboard is slim and solidly built, designed to look good in a modern home or office environment.
- Height x width x depth: 158 mm x 380 mm x 8 mm at front, 22 mm at back
- Weight: 875 g
- Connection: Bluetooth or Logitech unifying receiver
- Three Bluetooth channel LEDs
- Battery indicator light
- Battery: 2 x AAA – nominally 24 months life
- Special Keys: Hotkeys (e.g. home, search, back, app-switch and contextual menu), easy-switch
- Connect/power: On/Off switch
- Tablet cover and stand: Supports most smartphones and tablets with thickness up to 11.3mm, in portrait or landscape mode. iPad Pro (12.9") in landscape mode only.
The K780 Multi-Device Wireless Keyboard costs $149.95.