Arlo arguably makes the very best wireless security camera systems on the planet, with a wide range of models at different price points, for external and internal uses, with spotlights, floodlights, doorbell cameras, even 4G LTE models and more.
The newest addition to its award-winning Pro series of security cameras is the Arlo Pro 4 Wire-Free Spotlight Camera.
It features "advanced technologies including 2K HDR video quality, an integrated spotlight with colour night vision and a 160-degree field of view to deliver clear video quality day and night."
Unlike its predecessor, the Pro 4 connects directly to Wi-Fi, "enabling an even easier DIY setup as a standalone security solution or compliment to an existing Arlo ecosystem."
The price starts at AUD $369 for a Pro 4 single cam, $699 for a two-camera kit and $1,299 for a four-camera kit, with the new range to roll out "at leading electrical retailers nationally in March 2021."
Brad Little, Vice President & Managing Director Arlo APAC said: "Our industry-leading products are designed to deliver peace of mind without compromise. The new Pro 4 features improved connectivity allowing for direct to Wi-Fi installation without the need of a Base Station or SmartHub while existing Arlo users still have the opportunity to add the new cameras to their current system.
“With Pro 4 we want to offer consumers the option to choose the installation method most suitable for their needs. Couple this feature with customised Arlo Smart notifications via the Arlo app and we enable users to confidently monitor and manage their security.”
Arlo’s reminds us that its "AI subscription-based service, Arlo Smart, compliments the Pro 4 Wire-Free Spotlight Cameras to deliver total protection.
"Users receive a complimentary three-month Arlo Smart trial included with their purchase. Arlo Smart provides extended 30-day rolling cloud storage of 2K HD video recording, for added peace of mind. Smarter, customisable notifications enable Arlo Smart users to detect people, vehicles, animals or packages."
It's controlled entirely through the Arlo app, letting you easily view live streams and recordings, adjust their camera settings or access cloud recordings.
The features of the Arlo Pro 4 Wire-Free Spotlight Camera include:
- 2K Video with HDR: See a crystal-clear picture in every detail through Arlo Pro 4’s high-performance lenses
- 160-Degree Viewing Angle: See a wide field of view to keep an eye on what matters most
- Integrated Spotlight: Light up the night and ward off unwelcome guests with an integrated spotlight
- Built-In Smart Siren: Trigger your siren remotely or automatically during an event
- Colour Night Vision: See what’s lurking with colour night vision allowing you to see video in colour rather than traditional black and white
- Two-Way Audio: Listen and speak to visitors with crystal clear, full two-way audio that reduces wind and noise
- Direct to Wi-Fi: Connects directly to Wi-Fi for simple setup allowing it to function as a standalone home security solution without the need for a separate Base Station
- Wire-Free and Weather-Resistant: Wire-free setup and a magnetic mount enables easy installation, while a weather-resistant design allows Pro 4 to be placed indoors and outdoors
- Rechargeable Battery: Rechargeable, removable battery lasts up to six months on one charge**
- Magnetic Charging Cable: Quickly charge camera and easily snap connecting cable into place
- Platform Compatibility: Works with Apple HomeKit,*** Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Samsung SmartThings and IFTTT for easy interaction, automation and control
- SmartHub/Base Station Optional: Enable local storage recording, cross-trigger other cameras in the ecosystem and enhance camera range and battery life by connecting a compatible Arlo SmartHub or Base Station (VMB4000, VMB4540, VMB4500, VMB5000)
More information on the full range of Arlo smart home security products and services is here.
Here's Arlo's official Arlo Pro 4 setup video: