Fresh from receiving two CES 2021 Innovation Award Honouree distinctions in the Smart Home category for its new Arlo Essential Indoor Camera and its new Touchless Video Doorbell comes the brand new Ultra 2 Wire-Free Spotlight Camera System.
Promising to deliver “an enhanced user experience with improved range”, we’re told the Arlo Ultra 2 builds on “advanced features such as 4K video with HDR, an ultra-wide, 180-degree field of view, and more”.
Brad Little, Arlo’s APAC VP & MD said: “Peace of mind should come without compromise which is why we continue to innovate the industry-leading products within the Arlo ecosystem.
“The Ultra 2 offers enhancements that improve upon its already best-in-class predecessor, providing added flexibility that enables home and business owners to choose the camera that best suits their needs.
“Ultra 2 expands placement options with enhanced range and connectivity together with an award-winning, wire-free design, a long-lasting rechargeable battery and of course, customised Arlo Smart notifications via the Arlo app, enabling users to confidently take control of their security."
Arlo explains that its new Ultra 2 Wire-Free Spotlight Camera System boasts “advanced, category-leading features that deliver ultimate peace of mind for home and business owners. Arlo’s AI subscription-based service, Arlo smart, compliments the hardware to deliver total protection”.
In addition, users receive a complimentary three-month Arlo Smart trial included with their purchase, with Arlo Smart providing “extended 30-day rolling cloud storage of 4K HD video recordings, for added peace of mind”.
You can also use Arlo Smart’s “smarter, customisable notifications to detect people, vehicles, animals or packages”. It’s controlled entirely through the Arlo app, so you can “easily view live streams and recordings, adjust their camera settings or access cloud recordings”.
Here’s the official Arlo Ultra 2 video - the article continues with more information below, please read on!
Features of the Ultra 2 Wire-Free Spotlight Camera System include:
- 4K Video with HDR: Zoom in to see sharp details with 4K and HDR advanced image quality technologies
- Auto Zoom and Tracking: Auto-focus on moving objects with clarity and detail
- 180-Degree Viewing Angle: See more with a wider angle lens that has auto image correction to reduce the fish-eye effect
- Premium Two-Way Audio: Listen and speak to visitors with crystal-clear, two-way audio that reduces wind and noise
- Integrated Spotlight: Light up the night and ward off unwelcome guests
- Built-In Smart Siren: Automatically triggered by motion or audio, or manually triggered via the Arlo App for added protection
- Colour Night Vision: See what’s lurking with colour night vision allowing you to see video in colour rather than traditional black and white
- Enhanced Range: Improved range and connectivity offer maximum flexibility, expanding placement options beyond traditional cameras that require an outlet
- Weather-Resistant Design: Built to withstand heat, cold, rain or sun for seamless installation anywhere
- Rechargeable Battery: Wire-free design boasts "up to" six months of battery life on one charge
- Advanced SmartHub: Connect with other smart home devices for simplified management
- Platform Compatibility: Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple Homekit, and IFTTT for easy interaction, automation and control.
Naturally, such advancements and refinements for a flagship product are priced accordingly, starting at an RRP of AUD $1049 for a two-camera kit, AUD $1449 for a three-camera kit and AUD $449 for an Ultra 2 add on camera, with the Ultra 2 range rolling out at leading electrical retailers nationally in January 2021.
And as we’ve seen, future releases bring advanced features down the line at more affordable price points, such as with Arlo’s Essential camera series, which is great for consumer everywhere.
More information is at Arlo here.