A fire hazard has led to a safety recall of mains adaptors supplied with or for unspecified models in Toshiba's notebook range.
The affected adaptors were supplied betwen July 2011 and October 2015.
The problem is that a connector may deteriorate over time, leading to overheating and possible fire.
According to the recall notice, "This product was mainly sold to corporate customers and distributors. It was not sold through retail stores."
The adaptors accompanied various Dynabook, Portege, Qosmio, Satellite, Tecra and All-in-One models. A full list can be found here.
They may also have been sold as accessories or provided as replacement units.
Toshiba is providing free replacements, and urges affected customers to contact the company to make the necessary arrangements.
In the meantime, "Toshiba recommends you turn off the laptop and unplug the 2-pin AC adapter immediately."