Sure, you can consider outdoor options like sports, mostly that option is not feasible. In most sports like tennis or cricket, you'd need proper equipment, players and setup to play.
We're sure you must have wondered about a fun activity that could keep you going and fit, all together.
Thankfully, we have found the perfect way - push scooters like envy scooters!
Okay, before you scratch your heads and disregard this article, hear us out.
This article contains useful tips on how you can keep fit with a push scooter while enjoying your time.
Take a look.
Workout options with a push scooter
Low impact and variable cardio
Scooting is a low-impact cardio exercise that is not likely to cause injury as long as you keep your heart rate in check. You can switch between a slow-paced cardiovascular workout and HIIT training to mix it up.
For HIIT, find a hill suitable for your needs, then scoot up, roll down, and repeat. It helps you burn more fat in a shorter time. You can challenge yourself even more by choosing a different type of tire and raising the height of the foot platform.
Important tips to keep in mind while working out on a push scooter
It is crucial to warm up before scooting to prevent injury and loosen your joints. Follow these tips:
- Move your feet from the ground to the scooter deck repeatedly to engage your calf muscles while riding.
- Next, engage your glutes with a few small midpoint squads.
- You can also do some alternate forward hamstring popping-outs to warm your hamstrings.
- Roll your shoulders back a few times to relax.
We recommend finding a flat area to ride your scooter for approximately 20-30 minutes to burn calories and strengthen your muscles. It will be a great benefit if you look to improve your cardiovascular fitness. Make sure you switch legs every 4 to 5 kicks.
You can also use your push scooter to scoot up hills for HIIT training. It combines short periods of intense aerobic exercise with shorter recovery periods. Use the descent as a recovery period.
Cooling down after an intense session will allow your muscles to relax and prevent your blood pressure from falling too fast. It will slow down your heart rate at a normal pace.
Consider following these tips:
- Begin with the quads on the front leg. Hold your foot around the ankle from behind. Keep your knees aligned and stretch your heel into your back. Uphold your spine upright.
- Next are hamstring stretches. There are numerous different ways to pull the hamstrings. Look for an easier way. One option is to stretch one leg forward while keeping your knees aligned. One knee raises while one knee bends.
- Next, the glutes. Stand up upright, cross one leg over your knee & place your hips back. Keep the upper body upright and repeat with the second leg.
- This is followed by the calves. Face a wall with one leg forward, another backwards. Press your heel into the ground by leaning on your hands against a wall.
- Hip flexors are next. Spread your legs, put your hand up and bend to the side to spread and stretch the small muscle pack.
- Don't ignore the upper back. Spread your arms and reach forward, as if you are hugging someone. After a few seconds, open up & stretch out.
Scooting can be an excellent workout not many people consider. You can enjoy the fresh air, scenic views and still keep yourself fit.
Tell us about a better way to keep yourself fit in the comments. We'll wait. (Wink wink!)