What Are Power Backup Systems?
Power backup systems are machines and units that provide electricity to our appliances when there is a power cut. Inverters help in converting direct current (DC) into alternating current (AC), which is in turn used to supply power to our electrical appliances. There are different types of inverters for homes to fulfil all kinds of power requirements.
Image source: Luminous
In this guide, we have made a small checklist to understand what the do's and don'ts are before buying the best inverter for home.
- Always calculate the total load requirement before starting any other step. This can be done with the help of online load calculators that are available on various websites.
- Inverter or home UPS unit? Analyze the purpose, duration, load amounts, etc.
- Pay close attention to the batteries of your inverters. Buying batteries that work well with your inverter is important. They come in various kinds like a tubular, flat plate, and gel batteries. It is crucial to decide the battery according to the inverter's capacity.
Inverters are categorized as sine wave, square wave and stepped sine wave technologies. The preferred technology depends on the capacity and requirement of the inverter.
- To buy an inverter for home, you should know what all deals and monetary benefits are provided in the price of the inverter. This can vary from warranty periods to after-sale services like installation and transportation.
- Keep in mind what brand you will purchase from. Only reputed brands should be trusted for an inverter for the home.
- Do not purchase your inverter from local brands and vendors. They may sell products at attractively low prices. But the products you purchase from them may be broken, misleading, fake and even beyond repair after a few uses sometimes.
- Do not buy any random battery for your inverter. It is always best to buy a good quality battery. The life of the inverter depends on the quality of the battery you purchase. Therefore, buy only batteries that fit the inverter's specifications and fulfil your requirements.
- Do not purchase a product without knowing what offers and services are included in the price. Most importantly, always search for a good warranty.
- Do not purchase a battery without checking the manufacturing date on the battery pack.
We are hopeful that you know just as much about buying inverters for a home that we do by the end of this. Trusted brands like Luminous offer a great range of inverters with great deals to fit any homeowner’s requirements. Inverters are a big investment and should be a well-advised one as well! So now that you know everything let's find you an inverter for home.