Rapid7. The company's future-ready solutions across cloud security, threat intelligence, detection and response, vulnerability management, and managed services empower its customers to accelerate in the cloud, despite the constant challenges across all fronts around us.
Rapid7 explains its solution joins all of the above together in its "Insight Platform," which gives protectors the tools and clarity needed to assess attack surfaces, detect suspicious behaviour, and respond and remediate quickly with intelligent automation. After all, navigating the complexity of cybersecurity requires best-in-class solutions and the help of strategic expertise and guidance, so your business has everything it needs to stay ahead of attackers - and out of the news!
Having a unified platform that is continuously improving and evolving means being able to count on it when it matters, with seamless controls that unite teams, so companies can finally stop putting out fires and instead, focus on the threats that matter.
The platform ensures Security, IT, and DevOps teams have easy access to vulnerability management, application security, detection and response, external threat intelligence, orchestration and automation, and more.
Just some of the company's 10,000 customers, which counts 45% of the Fortune 500, include Autodesk, Hilton, Modine, Swarco, Wesley Mission Queensland, Avaya, Kimberly-Clark, Avira, Qlik, Revlon, The Washington Post, Diebold Nixdorf, First Republic Bank, Domino's and many more.
Rapid7's blog is also an excellent source of security news and expertise, with recent articles including "The Hidden Harm of Silent Patches", "Defending Against Tomorrow's Threats: Insights from RSAC 2022" as well as "New Report Shows What Data Is Most at Risk to (and Prized by) Ransomware Attackers" amongst many others.
The company's research is also invaluable, with the freely downloadable Cloud Misconfigurations report noting many breaches were caused by avoidable circumstances, amongst other alarming findings.
So, to find out more about Rapid7 and the security landscape in the second half of 2022 and beyond, we spoke with Rapid7's Regional CTO, Ken Mizota, whose excellent insight and passion for cybersecurity can be seen in the video interview embedded directly below, after which you'll find a summary of the topics we spoke about, so please watch, and read on!
- I started by introducing Ken and welcoming him to the program, and asked him to tell us whether the company's mission in 2022 is the same as it was when the company was founded in 2000.
- Noting much has changed over the past two-plus decades, Ken discussed Rapid7's products and services in 2022.
- Given the various cybersecurity issues and solutions in the world, I asked Ken to explain what makes Rapid7 truly different.
- We then discussed the biggest threats facing businesses right now, and what is coming over the horizon.
- Ken went into more detail about why cloud misconfigurations are a real issue, explaining some of the key findings from Rapid7's recent report.
- Next, we spoke about some of Rapid7's customers, what a typical customer onboarding journey might look like and how customers operationalise cybersecurity, and memorably clever ways the bad guys have operated, which Rapid7 and all security companies work hard to defend against.
- After noting what else we should know about Rapid7, I asked Ken about his own history in the world of tech, and what a day in the life of a regional CTO is like, after which Ken shared memories of his first computer and first virus/malware experience.
- We finished with Ken sharing some great advice he has received in life, and his final messages to iTWire viewers and readers, and to Rapid7's current and future customers.
So, to learn more about Rapid7 and Ken Mizota, and to understand why Rapid7 is worth your attention, please watch the video interview with Ken Mizota above!