In the ongoing COVID environment that we're all still living in, with Australia's ongoing lockdowns showing we're still struggling to get to an actual post-COVID world, returning to work in a hybrid form is a globally shared experience and need.
Remote working and hybrid work environments have become the norm, and even though many have begun to miss the collaboration and personal contact that working in an office delivers, just as many children openly state they actually miss going to school and miss seeing their friends, the reality of hybrid work is here to stay.
Of course, audio and video conferencing is nothing new, and neither is unified communications, but with virtually everyone who isn't a front-line worker fully immersed into the realities of Zoom, Teams and competing platforms, there clearly is a real difference between using your laptop to work remotely and managing it all yourself, and getting access to enterprise-class technologies that are scalable and customisable, with enterprise levels of 24/7 global service and support, from Crestron, a company with nearly 50 years of experience.
Crestron explains it is "a global leader in workplace technologies, engineering and transforming corporate automation and unified communication (UC) solutions for enterprise organisations across Fortune 500 corporations, campuses, facilities, and more, as well as a premium home automation provider who creates platforms, devices, and systems across residential properties including homes, yachts, MDUs, and hotels."
The company has been designing software and hardware solutions across government, military, lecture halls, and boardrooms, as well as the most discerning residential properties around the globe.
Well before the pandemic struck, technology became omnipresent in both work and home lives, and over the past 18 months, technological adoption and advancement has been even more accelerated by sheer necessity. Crestron has charted the future of digital transformation for commercial and residential applications for years, and has done so by identifying and manufacturing solutions that strengthen collaboration, productivity, and innovation, while reflecting the lifestyles, comforts, and relationships that keep people connected, from anywhere, and at any time.
It makes the company well placed to not only help its customers with the new hybrid work reality, but to help shape its future, too, with sales and support offices across the globe, including Australia.
So, we had the opportunity to discuss all of this with Max Davies, Crestron's Director of UC & Enterprise and learn a lot about the company, its approach, why its products and services are so much more than firing up a video conferencing app on a phone, tablet or computer, so please watch the video interview below, where Max and I had a really great discussion!
Here'a s summary of what Max and I discussed:
- I started by introducing Max, welcoming him to the program, and asking him what Crestron started offering when it started, way back in 1972 - and how the company's products and services have evolved over that time to its impressive range today in 2021.
- We discussed the big issues its customers are facing and needing help with today, after which we discussed the hybrid work environment and what that means in the ongoing COVID context.
- Max explained what makes Crestron's products and services different and better than other technologies, and how Crestron can help people get back to work safely and reliably.
- When looked at the findings of the most recent studies on hybrid working and what they have uncovered of late, 18 months into the pandemic.
- We then pivoted to my questions about Max himself, looking at the first computer he remembers using, his first video call and first hybrid working experiences. Max shared more about his own history in the world of tech and how he came to be working at Crestron, after which Max shared his views on how the industry will evolve over the next couple of years and how it might look by 2030.
- Max then shared the best piece of advice he has received in life to where he is today, and his final message to iTWire viewers and readers, and his current and future customers and partners.
So, please watch the video interview above with Max Davies and myself to learn more!
Below you'll see three videos, the first looking at who Crestron is, the second looking at Crestron's solutions helping Northern Health, and the last a video looking at Crestron's solutions in the University of the Sunshine Coast.
Crestron: Innovation Fuels Us:
Crestron Stories - Northern Health:
Crestron Stories - University of the Sunshine Coast: