CommScope. The company was founded in 1976, and today, it designs, manufactures, installs and supports the hardware infrastructure and software intelligence that enables our digital society to interact and thrive with ultra-advanced networks to "redefine connectivity, solve today’s challenges and driving the innovation that will meet the needs of what’s next."
Now, despite the new threat of the Omicron strain of COVID-19 prolonging the pandemic, the world is determined to open up, given many developed countries are now highly vaccinated, with the third world lagging behind but nevertheless seeing increased vaccination rates too.
This means travel is returning, hotels are being used again for travellers to enjoy, rather than being made to endure two weeks of lockdown, and while hotel quarantine is still a thing around the world, the upgrading of buildings with IoT sensors and a range of smart building and hospitality solutions, including wired and wireless networks, continues apace, as quality hotels compete on services, facilities, digital experiences, connectivity, COVID-19 hygiene and more besides.
After all, from online check-in to in-room services to conference room connectivity, modern guests expect fast speeds, total coverage and personalised experiences, necessitating a network that keeps the property secure and staff safe wherever they work. These needs—and countless others—are driving network complexity like never before.
So, it's no surprise to see CommScope, and RUCKUS Networks, state they understand the "unique pressures" of the hospitality industry, and which is why they build simpler, more reliable and adaptable network solutions that unlock the potential of your network.
As you'd expect, CommScope says its technology is simple to deploy and manage, with its hospitality portfolio of RUCKUS solutions making it easy to add new services and applications—unlocking IoT efficiencies at every opportunity. This reliability makes moves, changes and adds a stress-free experience, and the adaptability gives the peace of mind of knowing your network can flex to meet changing demand and unforeseen circumstances - of which the world has certainly experienced a lot of those over the past two years.
And, it's why CommScope says its RUCKUS portfolio of Wi-Fi solutions are "the first choice of top hospitality brands around the world."
So, to learn more about how the modernised and upgraded hotel connectivity experiences travellers are enjoying and will enjoy in the future, and more, we spoke to Sanjiv Verma, the Vice President of RUCKUS Networks, Asia Pacific at CommScope, with that video interview embedded directly below, after which is a summary of the topics we spoke about, so please watch and read on!
- I started by introducing Sanjiv, welcoming him and asking him to tell us about CommScope's founding in 1976, and the products and services this has grown and evolved into today, after which we looked at the biggest growth areas CommScope is seeing at the moment.
- Next up we delved straight into the hospitality sector, where we looked at some of the specific use cases for its evolved IoT and smart building solutions, as well as some of the immediate benefits - and challenges - of adoption of IoT technologies.
- We looked at how the tech can help the Australian and global hospitality industry to streamline processes and operate more efficiently, after which we naturally looked at how security challenges are solved, the sustainability and green building aspect, and the COVID health and safety protocols that are now a part of everyday life, especially with borders opening up - despite Omicron.
- Sanjiv then shared a memory of his first computer, a bit about his own history in the world of tech, and how he sees CommScope evolving over the next couple of years and what networks and connectivity might look like in the 2030s.
- Sanjiv then graciously shared the best advice he has received in life to help him get where he is today, and his final message to iTWire and iTWIreTV viewers and readers, and to CommScope's current and future customers and partners.
So, please watch the video interview with Sanjiv above to learn more!