Continuum Cyber. Founded by Ben Jones, the company is an Australian cyber security company aimed at SMBs to check their security, test their defences, test their staff, ensure the right number and types of backups are made, ransomware is protected against, updates are installed, meaningful education is imparted in an entertaining, modern, impactful way - and more.
Cyber security is the most important factor for businesses today, with 62% of Australian SMEs experiencing a cyber incident in 2021, with over 67,5000 cybercrime reports, which is an increase of nearly 13% over the previous financial year. Put this alongside self-reported losses from cybercrime totalling more than $33 billion, with the true figure presumably much higher, and it's clear that implementing measures to prevent and defeat cybercriminals can be a life or death decision for your business.
Sadly, it is beyond easy to be fooled by cybercriminals these days, hence the need for eternal vigilance, and the need to ensure you and your staff are as cyber street smart as possible in an ever more digitally dangerous world.
A great example of how even some of the world's biggest CEOs were fooled by email include the CEO of Barclays Bank, the Governor of the Bank of England, the CEO of Citi Bank, the CEO of Goldman Sachs, the CEO of Morgan Stanley, the CEO of Boeing, the White House Chief of Staff, the White House Counsel, the Head of Homeland Security, Eric Trump, the UK Home Secretary and the UK Shadow Home Secretary, which Ben Jones explains in his LinkedIn article celebrating the new partnership with James Linton.
James spent many years in advertising, as a web designer, before switching to cybersecurity at the end of 2017. Why the switch? Well, he hacked the White House, and it opened the door for him to the world of cyber security. He worked for a time as a Threat Researcher and Speaker, and now he explores Security Awareness, and in partnership with Ben and Continuum Cyber, is providing some of the best education around in this regard, as Jones explains here.
So, what does Continuum Cyber, its proprietary platform and its suite of services do when it works together with its clients?
The company explains it can:
- Identify your current risks against local and international best practice.
- Design and conduct bespoke Phishing campaigns to highlight your staff’s ability to spot a malicious email, using the same mythologies, tool and tactics as a real world attacker to sure up your defences and protect your business and reputation.
- Train your staff in an easy and traceable way to empower them to become the first line of defence for your business.
- Penetration testing, tabletop exercises, vulnerability assessments, application security and more.
- Generating processes and policies to create a transparent cybersecurity culture in your organisation.
- Are on call to help 24/7 incident response line to be there when it matters in the event of an event.
- Have access to Cyber security experts that work hard for your business to eliminate the ever-changing risks.
So, to learn more, discuss cyber security in 2022, explore the new James Linton partnership and plenty more, please watch my video interview with Ben Jones below, after which you'll see a summary of the topics we spoke about, so please watch and read on!
Here's a summary of the topics we spoke about:
- I started by introducing Ben and welcoming him to the program.
- I noted cyber security has never been more important, and I see TV and radio ads regularly about cybersecurity for consumers and business, with the need to secure our digital lives and businesses more important than ever. I asked Ben what the products and services that Continuum Cyber offers are, and what makes the company different and better to competitors.
- A week ago as we're recording this in late May 2022, Ben made a very big announcement on LinkedIn about a brand new partnership with James Linton for security education, awareness and training. If people watching are familiar with that name, it should come as no surprise. Ben told us about James, his fascinating story, and the work he and James are doing together. (see video below of James Linton being interviewed on the Jimmy Kimmel program).
- Ben also then spoke about Continuum Cyber's presence in the metaverse (see video below)
- We look at the big security mistakes individuals and businesses are still making despite all today's security awareness.
- Ben then shared some customer success stories, after which we spoke about cyber criminals attacking backup repositories in ransomware attacks, and the types of backups Continuum Cyber helps with.
- We spoke about Peter Coroneos and the impressive CyberMindz.org initiative, which has soft-launched and officially launches in mid-June, and which supports mental wellbeing in the cyber community.
- We looked at the onboarding process Continuum Cyber goes through with new customers.
- After this, Ben shared a brief story of his journey in the world of tech - and what got him into taking security so seriously he's now the CEO of a cyber security company.
- Ben then shared a memory of his first computer, his first experience with malware, where he sees Continuum Cyber over the next couple of years, where he sees the industry in the 2030s, great advice he has received in life, and his final message to iTWire readers and viewers.
So, please watch the video interview with Ben Jones above, and check out the two videos below!
James Linton interviewed on Jimmy Kimmel:
Continuum Cyber it the Metaverse: