Aurecon. Here is a multi award-winning engineering, design and advisory company, bringing ideas to life, re-imagining engineering and operating globally.
The company works in all the big markets that really matter, including aviation, construction, data & telecommunications, defence & national security, education & research, energy, government, health, manufacturing, property, resources, transport and water.
Founded in 2009 through a merger, but with Australian roots stretching all the way back to 1934, the company's massive base of expertise is truly impressive.
Aurecon's list of projects is vast, and clearly, the company has highly competent management and staff for whom world-class projects are their bread and butter, and naturally, the digital tools such a company uses are just as important as all the physical tools used in the business of construction, engineering and everything else.
Part of Aurecon's digital toolkit is Workday’s enterprise management cloud, which is a single platform for finance, human resources, and planning. As demonstrated by Aurecon, and elaborated upon in the video interview, the single platform, or one source, removes silos and ensures decision-makers from across the organisation have access to the same real-time data and insights to make informed decisions.
So, it was fascinating and educational to speak with three top Aurecon executives, Chief Information Officer, Carl Duckinson; Chief People Officer, Liam Hayes, and Chief Financial Officer, Andrew Muller, to learn how Aurecon has been able to stay modern and advanced, how it has been able to thrive in an era of ongoing digital transformation, how the C-Suite works together, how technology has helped Aurecon navigate the challenges of the COVID-era and plenty more.
Our video interview is below, after which a summary of the topics we spoke about is listed, so please watch, and read on!
- I started by welcoming Aurecon's Chief Information Officer, Carl Duckinson; its Chief People Officer, Liam Hayes, and its Chief Financial Officer, Andrew Muller, and welcomed them to the program.
- The three gentlemen explained Aurecon in 2021, and what makes the company different.
- We spoke about how the current pace of change is outrunning many organisations' ability to keep up, which has been dubbed the Acceleration Gap, and how digital transformation is the key element in the response to that Acceleration Gap.
- All three discussed the backbone of digital transformation within an organisation, and its key architects and enablers, how digital transformation is offering a proven roadmap for businesses to not to just survive but thrive - how it allows organisations to embrace dynamic scenario planning, enable a productive remote workforce, and focus on employee wellbeingm to name a few.
- We learn how Aurecon is a business that has truly embraced digital transformation and closed the Acceleration Gap, and how its C-suite executives have work together to share the challenges and learnings of digital transformation, and how technology has helped Aurecon adapt to navigate the obstacles of COVID.
- The three gents shared their most insightful learnings and what surprised them most about the process, and how Aurecon has been able to implement those learnings with its customers, and some of the Australian and international customers and success stories they wanted to highlight?
- We discussed the elements of the Workday platform Aurecon has chosen to enable its own transformation, along with some examples of how this transformation has saved Aureon time and money, and given it capabilities it didn't have before.
- As we got towards the end of the interview, each shared memories of their first computers, their histories in the wold of tech, how they see Aurecon evolving over the next couple of years through to 2030, great advice each has received in life, and their final messages to iTWire viewers and readers, and to their current and future customers and partners.
There is a lot of great information within the video interview, so please watch the video interview above to learn more!