At AUD $6799, which yes, is nearly $7000, we're told the LCD-5 sets "a new standard for accuracy using a new driver design with Audeze’s own patent-pending 'Parallel Uniforce' voice coils and new magnet assembly."
Audeze says LCD-5 represents "a completely new design made specifically for minimal reflections, improved frequency response, and a more open yet accurate soundstage."
LCD-5’s impedance is 14 Ohms, sensitivity is 90dB, and it weighs just 420 grams, which is 1/3 less than the previous LCD-4 model.
Handcrafted in California, USA, Audeze says the LCD-5 has been "meticulously engineered to provide unmatched audio for industry professionals and audiophiles alike."
Should you be reading this in the US, Audeze will be demoing the new LCD-5 at CANJAM SOCAL on September 25th-26th at Irvine Marriott, and also at the Capital Audio Fest in November.
So, what makes the Audeze LCD-5 different?
The LCD-5 features Audeze’s patented core technologies, and comes with new acoustically designed leather earpads, an improved and luxurious carbon fiber suspension headband, deep “tortoise shell” acetate rings, all-new magnesium housing, plus our latest premium audio cable made with high-purity copper, and an aluminium travel case.
Audeze LCD-5 Key Features:
- New Parallel Uniforce diaphragms and Fluxor Magnets provide powerful sound, unparalleled sonic detail, and incredible accuracy without increasing the impedance
- New internally sloped earpads that help to reduce unwanted resonances and interior reflections
- Newly designed Fazors that are optimised to reduce diffractions
- The LCD-5 cable is specially tuned with directional OCC high-purity copper strands that provide a low capacitance and low resistance path to maintain unsurpassed clarity and precision.
- The LCD-5’s fully re-designed magnesium frame provides rigidity and ultra-light weight, while the acetate rings offer just the right touch of richness
"Featuring our core technologies while adding some new innovations like our Parallel Uniforce voice coil, the LCD-5 incorporates decades of audio and technology research to deliver all the aspects of a truly reference audio experience," stated Audeze CEO, Sankar Thiagasamudram, adding, "Our long term commitment to delivering reference products has led us to the LCD-5."
Specs are below this video:
Style: Over-ear, open-back
Transducer type: Planar Magnetic
Magnetic structure: Fluxor magnet array
Phase management: Fazor
Magnet type: Neodymium N50
Diaphragm type: Nano-Scale Parallel Uniforce
Transducer size: 90 mm
Maximum power handling: 5W RMS
Maximum SPL: >130dB
Frequency response: 5Hz - 50kHz
THD: <0.1% @ 100dB
Impedance: 14 ohms
Sensitivity: 90 dB/1mW (at Drum Reference Point)
Minimum power requirement: >100mW
Recommended power level: >250mW
The Audeze LCD-5 AUD $6,799 is available for pre-order now exclusively via BusiSoft AV and select dealers across Australia and New Zealand.