LogMeIn says the updates include a “refreshed mobile experience”, updates to its Cloud Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) solutions, new native integrations with Microsoft Teams, bundling options that bring together other LogMeIn products like LastPass, GoToWebinar and GoToAssist.
“A pandemic has forever shifted the way businesses think about where, how and when people work. No longer are employees tied to the same desk in an office working 9-5, five days a week. Now more than ever work tools need to be flexible, cloud-based, secure, and easy to buy, deploy and use,” says LogMeIn, promoting the updates to GoToConnect.
“As business leaders and workers look to a post-pandemic world, it’s easy to envision a further shift from a fully remote workforce to a workforce truly capable of remaining productive from virtually anywhere. With that shift comes new challenges in balancing a hybrid experience, and businesses need to evolve their tech stack to keep up with the shift.”
“During this past year it became very evident that many businesses were ill-equipped to support a remote or flexible workforce and the need for tools like GoToConnect skyrocketed. Now as we prepare for a life post-pandemic, one thing is clear, employees do not want to go back to the office full time and business leaders need to support that desire in order to retain talent,” says Paddy Srinivasan, Chief Product and Technology Officer at LogMeIn.
“Employees want flexibility to work from home, collaborate in an office, or travel. And they need their technology to move with them,”
“Since its launch, GoToConnect has been a trusted customer favorite for its simplicity and ease of use. With today’s announcement we are expanding that value not only to build upon the already great user experience, but to add additional options to couple GoToConnect with LogMeIn’s other products like LastPass, GoToAssist and GoToWebinar or to simplify a user’s workflow by integrating with Microsoft Teams to further enable our customers to get work done on their terms.”
“Students left for the holidays, and then couldn’t come back due to the stay-at-home order. We had parents and students calling, asking what to do with their belongings still in their dorms. This would have overwhelmed our traditional PBX phone system,” said Lawrence Altomare, Manager, IT Networks, Saint Mary’s College of California.
“The beauty of GoToConnect is in a matter of hours we had it figured out. We didn’t have to spend thousands of dollars on phone updates, we simply needed to change the call flow. It meant that all these people calling us could still reach us without interruption.”
LogMeIn lists features of the updates to GoToConnect as:
- An updated mobile experience to make employees more productive: With the expectation that many employees will continue to work remote much of the time, GoToConnect enables these employees to receive and make work calls on their mobile device without using their personal number. The refreshed experience, as robust as the desktop application, offers improved features such as Find Me and Follow Me, Advance Call Flip, Shared Extension, Voicemail Transcriptions, and much more.
- Enhanced contact center options to make agents more productive: Cloud contact centers are crucial to maintaining business productivity and continuity, and with GoToConnect Support Center’s latest updates, users are given access to Configurable Permissions, Customised Pause Reasons, and a new 60-day free trial offer. Coming soon, GoToConnect Support Center intends to launch Customisable Dashboards, Auto Queue Call Back, Intelligent Call Routing as well as a new product, called Revenue Center. Revenue Center will provide outbound calling functionality, primarily focused on Sales organisations. Revenue Center includes all the functionality of GoToConnect Support Center, released in 2020, plus Outbound Dialer, Pre-recorded Agent Messages, and a Coaching Assistant.
- A unified admin experience to make admins more productive: The new GoTo Admin is designed to deliver a single administration portal from which to manage users, licenses, and settings for multiple products. With a user-centric focus, Admins receive full control over their system in a way that they don’t have to be retrained when purchasing and adding other GoTo portfolio products. It features an advanced UX design that is intuitive to use and navigate for first-time or expert admins, with additional features and functionality coming soon.
- Updated GoToConnect Teams Connector: The GoToConnect Teams Connector provides a seamless and native integration for end-users with Microsoft Teams, thereby allowing users to continue to use Microsoft Teams with GoToConnect powering their telephony service on the back end with direct routing capabilities and advanced features like Click to Call and User Presence without leaving the Microsoft Teams application.
- Microsoft Teams Edition - High quality, reliable cloud phone system from GoToConnect that fully connects with Microsoft Teams: With the Microsoft Teams edition of GoToConnect, businesses already using Microsoft Teams are able to combine the high-quality audio of GoToConnect with the collaboration solutions of Microsoft Teams. This offering has been tailored to be a simplistic, voice-only version of the GoToConnect product. The Microsoft Teams Edition comes without GoToConnect’s Messaging and Meeting capabilities, to pair with Microsoft’s internal-team focused product.