Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) in Australia has announced a new all-in-one compute, software-defined storage and intelligent virtualisation appliance to help mid-sized and remote office branch office (ROBO) enterprises deploy virtual machines (VMs) in minutes. Built on the HPE ProLiant DL380, HPE’s new Hyper Converged 380 (HC 380) helps transform to a hybrid infrastructure.
The current hyper-converged integrated systems market will grow from $371.5 million in 2014, to nearly $5 billion by 2019, or a 68% CAGR, according to Gartner’s Forecast Analysis. Growth is driven by demand for a more cost effective and operationally streamlined approach to virtual servers, virtual desktops, and hybrid cloud infrastructure. However, customers are wary of introducing new silos that limit future business flexibility.
“Hyper-convergence presents a huge opportunity for mid-sized and ROBO enterprises who face the unique challenge of having to stay competitive at enterprise-scale, but with notably less resources,” said Alan Hyde, Vice President and General Manager, Enterprise Group, Hewlett Packard Enterprise South Pacific. “HPE is the only vendor that can offer them the ability to take advantage of the benefits of hyper-converged environments today and provide them with a clear pathway to a composable infrastructure future when they are ready.”
Intuitive, consumer-inspired user experience for deploying at cloud speed
The HPE HC 380 intuitive User Experience (UX) management software offers a simple, user experience that is easy to manage on a desktop or mobile device. Self-install is fast and easy, from power on to “ready” in minutes which empowers users to:
- Only five clicks are needed to deploy VMs and 15 minutes to add capacity with customisable, repeated templates for VM provisioning. The mobile-ready UX lets IT managers provision, decommission and then re-commission VMs in seconds – all from their mobile phone.
- Built in analytics and tools enables IT to reduce VM sprawl and over-provisioning of VMs by 90%.
“The ability to simplify IT management into a consumer-inspired experience that can easily provision virtual machines, scale-out performance and capacity, do online updates and provide centralised environment analytics is essential for organisations looking to maximise their IT resources and budgets while helping them speed up their time-to-value,” says Dan Molina, CTO of Nth Generation. “We worked closely with HPE to provide feedback on the HC 380 user experience to meet the needs of our clients, and we are happy to see that HPE is very serious about listening to customer and partner feedback and taking immediate action to more aggressively respond to the market’s growing interest and demand for hyper-converged solutions.”
Simplified IT operations with an integrated, software-defined architecture
From the HC 380’s single management pane, IT generalists can update firmware and drivers in only three clicks, without service interruption, reducing the potential for errors and increasing uptime.
- The HC 380 uses HPE StoreVirtual VSA enabling data mobility across systems and sites and with built-in enterprise data services that ensure continuous productivity with proven five 9s availability.
- A single point of contact for both HPE hardware, software and private cloud, as well as VMware environments. HPE’s experts are available to help customers quickly adopt the HC 380, as well as provide proactive advice and rapid response to issues 24/7.
Save time and costs from the start
The HC 380 provides customers with flexible options to find the right-size appliance for their budget. Offering a two-node hyper-converged appliance, HPE enables customers to grow and affordably scale-out to up to 16 nodes.
- HPE offers customers several IT investment options to take advantage of a hyper-converged infrastructure and pay-as-you-grow. HPE Flexible Capacity is a full-service solution which includes IT and support, with variable monthly payment aligned to usage. HPE Pre-Provisioning delivers quick access to pre-configured hardware in advance of need, and a per virtual machine payment model.
- With HPE StoreVirtual VSA technology, customers can reduce disaster recovery costs by 62%
Pricing and Availability
The HC 380 will be available from May 2016 and pricing will be revealed at that time.