‘OpenText Core’ is the name OpenText’s new enterprise-grande cloud solution which allows for the simple, secure and smart exchange of corporate documents and collaborative information management.
The exotically surnamed Mark J. Barrenechea, President and CEO of OpenText said: “Our customers need hybrid deployments, on-premises and in the cloud, to create a balanced workload that meets all their data sovereignty requirements while leveraging the power of the cloud.”
“Enterprises have different requirements for scale, security, performance, in country data-zones and governance than consumers. With OpenText Core, we are delivering a product leveraging our 20 years of Enterprise Information Management experience that is going to change how the world’s largest companies and governments run.”
Given the risks ‘associated with the spread of consumer-grade file sharing and content proliferation on laptops, mobile devices and unmanaged public clouds’, which must be mitigated, OpenText notes that ‘IT departments are feeling mounting pressure to find solutions that meet the needs and expectations of users while minimising the exposure to security risks for the organisation.’
Unsurprisingly, the company says its ‘OpenText Core’ product ‘is built specifically for the digital enterprise. It combines the benefits of a secure cloud deployment with a simplified user experience across any device, whether tablet, phone or browser, to allow users to get files fast and easily.’
The company says that 'OpenText Core' offers:
- Information Management—Core features an HTML 5 file viewer for office documents and media. An interface designed simply and efficiently for work, regardless of device, contains capabilities such as drag and drop, full text searching sorting and filtering and version control for end users.
- Social Collaboration—Share documents among teams with internal and external permission controls. As with many social and cloud platforms, users have the ability to “like” and leave comments on posts.
- Activity Feeds—Users have a dashboard of recent activity to keep track of their items as well as get a full view of their projects.
- Live Editing—The collaborative file viewer allows users to review files without the need to save copies locally on devices. Files can be edited within the Core experience and changes are reflected instantly, without having to wait for synchronisation to a desktop location.
- Administrative Controls—Core provides an administrative dashboard as well as capabilities for user management, access management and remote wipe. Providing the controls necessary for business-centric cloud based information management.
Given that OpenText Core is new, it’s good to know that it ‘takes advantage of the same OpenText Cloud infrastructure that has processed more than 16 billion transactions per year representing $6.5 trillion in commerce, stored 3.5 petabytes of content, integrated 600,000 trading partners and benefitted more than 60,000 customers around the globe.’
Given this is an enterprise-class product, OpenText says that ‘exclusive private registration is now available for Enterprise customers who register online for OpenText Core here.’