StartCon’s annual Australasian Startup Awards, now in its fourth year, showcases the most innovative and disruptive startups, companies and individuals in the Australasian region.
Nominations officially open today, October 4, 2019, giving Australians and neighbours the opportunity to put forward the pioneers and innovators in their fields.
Nominations close on October 20, 2019, and voting begins on October 25, so whether you're a brilliant new startup that deserves recognition, or you know of a startup that does too, it's time to get cracking and nomination.
“Everyone in the Startup community needs to take 5 minutes to get involved and vote for the incredible organisations and individuals leading their fields,” StartCon CEO Lana Vickeridge-Smith said. “The Awards are a fitting way to showcase the best entrepreneurship and innovation our region has to offer.”
Key dates for the Australasian Startup Awards:
- Nominations open 4 October at startcon.com.au
- Nominations close 20 October
- Voting commences 25 October
- Winners will be announced 22 & 23 November at StartCon
Here is the complete list of 2019 Award categories:
- Startup of the Year
- Technology Company of the Year
- Startup Investor of the Year
- Startup Founder of the Year
- Female Entrepreneur of the Year
- Best Bootstrapped Startup
- Best Software Startup
- Best FinTech Startup
- Best E-Commerce Startup
- Best Startup Resource
- Best Startup for Community/Social Good
- Startup Journalist of the Year
- Best Educator for Startups
- Best Startup for Design and User Experience
- Best Marketing Comms Campaign for a Startup Launch
- Best Startup Engineer
- Most Disruptive Startup
- Best Data Driven Startup
Winners will be revealed at a special awards ceremony held during StartCon 2019 in Sydney on 22 and 23 November.
StartCon is Australia’s largest startup and growth event of the year with the world’s best experts giving practical, actionable advice for startups, innovative corporates and those wanting to future proof their career.
The incredible line up of international and local speakers over the jam-packed two days includes:
- Petra Hoffer, Technology Leadership Advisor, Consulting @ eBay
- Christine Yen, CEO and Co-founder @ Honeycomb.io
- Tony Aug, CTO & VP, Technology & Strategy, Digital @ Arrow
- Eric Siu, Owner and CEO @ Single Grain
- Alberto Antinucci, Digital Innovation Strategist & China Expert @ Antinucci Consulting
- Vivek Bharadwaj, Marketing Science @ THE ICONIC
- Fred Schebesta, CEO & Co-founder @ Finder
- Dr Jemma Green, Executive Chairman & Co-founder @ Power Ledger
- Chris Smith, Founder & Director @ BIG Esports
- Craig Rees, VP & Head of Engineering @ AirWallex
- Dan Lok, Founder, Influencer @ Closers.com
- Taryn Williams, CEO & Founder @ theright.fit
- James Spencely, VC Investor & Mentor @ Jamesspencely.com
More StartCon 2019 speakers will be announced in the coming weeks.
iTWire recently published "StartCon 2019: The Future of Work, a video interview with Lana Vickridge-Smith and Matt Barrie", with a full transcript of the video too, so check it out, be sure to get your tickets to StartCon 2019, and nominate a great startup!